UCSF Secondary questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the invite from UCSF, is this something to be proud of? Also, does anyone have their secondary in the format so I can type in the PDF? It is not shown as being customizable in my window. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

DoctorC said:
I just got the invite from UCSF, is this something to be proud of? Also, does anyone have their secondary in the format so I can type in the PDF? It is not shown as being customizable in my window. Thanks.
COngrats
I was wondering if you took the april or august MCAT.I took august and i am still expecting an invite or something

I was an August MCATer.

Members don't see this ad :)
uh... just fill it out with a pen. UCSF doesn't care how nice you print out the secondary.

DoctorC said:

Yes, be proud! About 1/3 of applicants are offered a secondary. About 1/3 of those people are offered an interview, and about 1/2 of those interviewed are ultimately accepted.

I never was able to get a typeable .pdf version, so I used the word document that they made available. It was designed with fields so that you can type right in and the resulting printed app looks almost as nice as the pdf.

I don't know if you are aware, but you are also allowed/encouraged to attach 2 pages of information about extracurricular activities (this is written in the secondary app if you look hard enough). At my interview, they handed us an "update page" and asked us to list what activities we were currently involved in. One of the admissions office staff said this was because "not everyone submitted information about activities." So it seems like they do look at and consider this extra information...might be worth including.

GOOD LUCK and congrats!!

boathouse34 said:
Yes, be proud! About 1/3 of applicants are offered a secondary. About 1/3 of those people are offered an interview, and about 1/2 of those interviewed are ultimately accepted.

I never was able to get a typeable .pdf version, so I used the word document that they made available. It was designed with fields so that you can type right in and the resulting printed app looks almost as nice as the pdf.

I don't know if you are aware, but you are also allowed/encouraged to attach 2 pages of information about extracurricular activities (this is written in the secondary app if you look hard enough). At my interview, they handed us an "update page" and asked us to list what activities we were currently involved in. One of the admissions office staff said this was because "not everyone submitted information about activities." So it seems like they do look at and consider this extra information...might be worth including.

GOOD LUCK and congrats!!

WOW. Did not know about the 2 pgs of info. Too late now anyway.

studentstudent said:
WOW. Did not know about the 2 pgs of info. Too late now anyway.

I'm thinking about sending it in after the fact.. hmm

firebird69guy said:
I'm thinking about sending it in after the fact.. hmm

Yeah, I would totally suggest it. I'm sure they will take it and I felt like I really got to present more of myself in those 2 pages since they only download the activity titles from AMCAS, not the actual descriptions. It can't hurt...

I'm sure it can't hurt to send the two pages in, but I didn't realize you could send them so I didn't, and I got an interview anyway.

So they're not absolutely essential. :)

TheDarkSide said:
I'm sure it can't hurt to send the two pages in, but I didn't realize you could send them so I didn't, and I got an interview anyway.

So they're not absolutely essential. :)

and you're not even from california.

DoctorC said:
I was an August MCATer.
Yeah finally heard from UCSF yesterday and sent it off today. Go CALIIIIIIIIII