UCSF Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WAOZA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those whose applications were primary apps were received by UCSF after late July, have you received a secondary yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I was AMCAS complete middle of July. Acknowledged complete at UCSF 8/8. They are still "reviewing your application."

I have my data recieved by UCSF on 8/8. I have yet to get a secondary.
You?

Members don't see this ad :)
They received my data 7/19 and nothing yet.

They received my app on 7/27. Don't know if they rejected my application or if they are just slowly going through the huge volume.

UCSF loaded my AMCAS 8/23, nothing yet....They are unbelievablely slow. The whole freaking UC system is irritating.

UCSF loaded my AMCAS 8/23, nothing yet....They are unbelievablely slow. The whole freaking UC system is irritating.

amen.

well, looks like someone got an interview at UCSF.

How long after UCSF load your AMCAS, did you received the secondary invite.Thx!

they loaded my AMCAS on 8/22 and i'm still "under review" as well. however, UCLA was much faster in the screening process.

Members don't see this ad :)
they loaded my AMCAS on 8/22 and i'm still "under review" as well. however, UCLA was much faster in the screening process.

Hey that's the same for me! I am also waiting for UCSF (they say 3-10 weeks!!!! :scared:

However...UCLA is on their game! Go Bruins!
:laugh:

-PG

i heard that of all the UC's, SF screens the most carefully hence why they take their sweet time. so getting a secondary from ucsf is a bigger deal than la or irvine etc. oh and that they're UCSF and we'd all give a left leg to get in...:p

Any AMCAS complete around 8/22 received an UCSF secondary yet? Take Care

Took UCSF about two weeks to send the secondary after AMCAS was complete for me... And about two weeks after the secondary to request interview. I actually think they're one of the most efficiently responding schools I've applied to.

Took UCSF about two weeks to send the secondary after AMCAS was complete for me... And about two weeks after the secondary to request interview. I actually think they're one of the most efficiently responding schools I've applied to.

that's probably because you're a 4.0, 40 MCAT.

I have been complete since August 23rd and I'm still "under review"

I really wish UCSF would hurry up. It's the last 2ndary next to Duke (which I'm really thinking about doing after looking at the beast)

Sending me love to y'all UCSFers awaiting 2ndarys :love:

Peace,

PG

I have been complete since August 23rd and I'm still "under review"

I really wish UCSF would hurry up. It's the last 2ndary next to Duke (which I'm really thinking about doing after looking at the beast)

Sending me love to y'all UCSFers awaiting 2ndarys :love:

Peace,

PG

PG:
Thanks for the stanford info! I'm pretty sure UCSF does all the apps in "waves"--issuing secondaries all at once, waiting for the secondaries to come in, then granting interviews--so hold tight and be patient, they may have to work through an entire first wave of people... Their secondary is really simple, no extra essays or anything....once you get it, you can send fill it out in about 15 minutes and send it straight back... :)

I was amcas complete on 8/15, I got ucsf's notification message on 8/22, and I haven't heard anything else yet, so I'm waiting as well. (out-of-state, if that matters.)

I am in state. Just got secondary invite. Amcas complete in July. UCSF acknowledged 8/8

I was amcas complete on 8/15, I got ucsf's notification message on 8/22, and I haven't heard anything else yet, so I'm waiting as well. (out-of-state, if that matters.)

I'm a CALI Girl....so I guess that doesn't really matter either.

Hopefully the secondary will come to you soon. CA is where the party's at :love:

glck!

PG

timeline for those who asked: AMCAS received 8/8, Secondary received 8/17, mailed 8/23, currently complete and under review (took about 2 weeks I think to be complete).

Hi folks. I jsut received my secondary from UCSF yesterday 9/6 and they had received my application on 8/8. Is getting the sedondary a big deal? What percentage get interviews?

<bump>
anyone received secondary yet if AMCAS was loaded 8/22?

I got their receipt of AMCAS email 8/22 and haven't heard anything since then.

Hey there,

I am also a 8/22 kid and I still have received no UCSF love :smuggrin:

But, it says 3-10 weeks , So- this will be our week. Oh yes! :love:

peace and love,

PG

i'm also an 8/22 instate and got the secondary this morning, so you all will get love soon! :)

just got my secondary invite this morning as well...

i'm an OOS, verified mid-august.

OOS, 8/22, received secondary this afternoon. This whole process is starting to become very real... :eek: (in a good way)

OOS, 8/22, afternoon of 9/11. wooohooo!

no love for me either

I also got a rejection letter from Vanderbilt.

Not a good day :( :( :(

AMCAS 8/22, received 9/22.

Are there still people 8/22 (AMCAS received at UCSF) out there....or am I all alone :scared:

Anyone want to join the waiting club with me--we rock :love:

Peace,

PG

Are there still people 8/22 (AMCAS received at UCSF) out there....or am I all alone :scared:

Anyone want to join the waiting club with me--we rock :love:

Peace,

PG

8/8 here - so don't feel bad. It could still happen for you. I've accepted its not going to happen for me. But I'm ok with that - spending another 60 bucks to be put on hold at yet another UC school is not at the top of my list of things to do.

But yes I guess a part of me is still waiting so I'll join the club! We rock! :love: :luck:

Took me about 8 weeks to get it. Received 7/27 and got the secondary this past Friday.

8/8 here - so don't feel bad. It could still happen for you. I've accepted its not going to happen for me. But I'm ok with that - spending another 60 bucks to be put on hold at yet another UC school is not at the top of my list of things to do.

But yes I guess a part of me is still waiting so I'll join the club! We rock! :love: :luck:

thanks...I think you also still have a chance...maintain hope :laugh:

In the meantime, we'll totally rock this club :luck: :luck: :luck:

glck with your interviews,

PG

I just got the e-mail today that they have my app. But from reading this thread, looks like it'll be a long time before I'll be considered for a secondary. Shoot.

Verified 7/26
Received App 9/21
Submitted App 9/22

So wait?!?! You're seriously telling me I might get ANOTHER secondary!??! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was done! :(