UCSF Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So wait?!?! You're seriously telling me I might get ANOTHER secondary!??! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was done! :(

No worries, there aren't any required essays.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the e-mail today that they have my app. But from reading this thread, looks like it'll be a long time before I'll be considered for a secondary. Shoot.

Not necessarily. I was complete on 9/21 and I received the interview invite today. I am truly shocked at the turn around... (Less than two business days!)

Not necessarily. I was complete on 9/21 and I received the interview invite today. I am truly shocked at the turn around... (Less than two business days!)

Do they send a confirmation email again? or just show up on their website?
I checked website, it only showed that they received my secondary, but where to look if they got my LOR or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send a confirmation email again? or just show up on their website?
I checked website, it only showed that they received my secondary, but where to look if they got my LOR or not?

They send an email AND your status page will indicate you've received an interview. If you're complete, the page will have two dates listed (AMCAS Data & Secondary Application Complete). Hope this helps and good luck.

I've never been to Cali, I'm pumped!

They send an email AND your status page will indicate you've received an interview. If you're complete, the page will have two dates listed (AMCAS Data & Secondary Application Complete). Hope this helps and good luck.

I've never been to Cali, I'm pumped!

CALI is amazing, especially SF! Have a great time....you'll definitely wanna come back.

Sending some CALI love to yah :love:

PG

Once you get an interview date, I was surprised at how quickly you could schedule them. My interview is Thursday, and I scheduled it less than two weeks ago. So- once you get that secondary, I think things move a little bit faster.

Good luck everyone. I'm trying not to S**T my pants right now for my first interview. I'll post my impressions of the interview in that section so hopefully that will help you all out.

Fish

I think the key question here is in-state vs out of state...how many of those who have received secondaries/interviews are from out of state? I imagine that like many schools UCSF probably goes through the instate applicants first...

OOS here. received 9/22.

So I am the founder of the waiting for sec for UCSF club (I joined yesterday) and got the secondary yesterday :laugh:

Received 8/22
Secondary Requested: 9/25

Looks like it takes ~1 month.

Good luck to all UCSF hopefuly :luck: :luck: :luck:

may the sec and interview invites roll in for y'all

Love and peace,

PG :love:

Got the secondary invite today! Good luck everyone!

Received amcas 8/22, secondary invite 9/26

alright, this is probably COMPLETELY anal of me...but UCSF is the last secondary I am waiting on and I'd rather not check my status page/e-mail incessantly...for those who received a secondary (especially recently), WHEN did you get the e-mail? At close of business, first thing in the AM, lunch? Just wondering when to get my hopes up and then have them crushed again...:laugh:

thanks all!

Once you get an interview date, I was surprised at how quickly you could schedule them. My interview is Thursday, and I scheduled it less than two weeks ago. So- once you get that secondary, I think things move a little bit faster.

Good luck everyone. I'm trying not to S**T my pants right now for my first interview. I'll post my impressions of the interview in that section so hopefully that will help you all out.

Fish

The interviews there were really chill and everyone was super friendly. I posted on the interview feedback page last week about it, so check that out. Both the interviews are closed file (they know NOTHING about you beforehand) and they both will happen in the afternoon after lunch. Nobody interviews there in the morning because there is a whole morning schedule, including meeting with the dean of admissions for breakfast, so try to keep the nerves at bay at least for the morning half:) Goodluck!

I made the cut! I was verified 7/29, and finally got it! There is still hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
alright, this is probably COMPLETELY anal of me...but UCSF is the last secondary I am waiting on and I'd rather not check my status page/e-mail incessantly...for those who received a secondary (especially recently), WHEN did you get the e-mail? At close of business, first thing in the AM, lunch? Just wondering when to get my hopes up and then have them crushed again...:laugh:

thanks all!

at the stroke of noon.

i just got the secondary request aorund 1pm

i hope this is not a dick thing to ask, but i was just wondering if anyone knew or had thoughts on whether how quick you get a secondary after submission of the AMCAS primary has any bearing on how "good" of an app they think you have? or is it, like a previous poster said, a function of you just being lucky with the date of submission because secondaries go out in waves? thoughts?

Their secondary invite is pretty weird. Me and my friend have uber stats/etc's and we're still waiting on secondaries while others who turned in apps later and aren't as favorable got secondaries. Who knows *shrug*

I just got one after like a month and a half. I can't decide if I should fill it out or not. I don't have a chance, my grades are too low, and I have no research and I've been put on hold at most other UCs why would UCSF be any different.

To waste $60 or not to waste $60 - that is the question.

you have to do it! UCSF doesnt give their secondary to just anyone. they must have saw something in your application that would overcome your grades! :)

I just got one after like a month and a half. I can't decide if I should fill it out or not. I don't have a chance, my grades are too low, and I have no research and I've been put on hold at most other UCs why would UCSF be any different.

To waste $60 or not to waste $60 - that is the question.

Seriously, like what the guy above me said, UCSF doesn't give out 2ndaries to just anybody. I'd go for it even if I was on hold for the other uc's.

When did you get your secondary anyways?

Seriously, like what the guy above me said, UCSF doesn't give out 2ndaries to just anybody. I'd go for it even if I was on hold for the other uc's.

When did you get your secondary anyways?

Yeah I guess it couldn't hurt.

Today at like 4pm.

They acknowledge my AMCAS ages ago on 8/8

Today at like 4pm.

Haha they acknowledged mine on 8/8 too! It's almost two months now, huh? You know you've been dying over it so now that it's here, do it! Do it! Especially if you have strong letters to back up ur apps

SF requested a secondary from me on 8/29 which i sent in the next day. They cashed my check on 9/12, but the status page still says "we want to know more about you" and doesn't indicate that my seconday was received??? Anybody else have this problem? should I be worried?

Today at like 4pm.

I agree- send that sucker in. If you get an interview, they let in about 50%, so you've got a decent shot. Good luck.

ok in order to maintain my sanity, i'm giving up looking at the status page.

I'll probably a rejection mail/email. at least it'll get my mind off ucsf

Hi guys
I am a student at UCSF and just wanted to drop in a line here. If you get the secondary, fill it out. I think it's 60 bucks well worth. The primaries are of course screened and sometimes it's not all about the grades. You will see for yourself once you get in. U will realise that a lot of work must have gone into the diversity in the class. And when i say diversity, i mean everything.
It's fun. We just finished an exam and i can still tell you that UCSF is the place to be. Good luck guys and stay sane. It's going to be long 6 months.