UCSF/SFSU DPT Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cat_girl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I wanted to get in touch with everyone here who has decided to attend the UCSF/SFSU DPT program! I am looking forward to meeting you all at accepted students day in March! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! Good idea for starting a thread! I am so excited to attend the program and can't wait to meet you all at accepted students day! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Have you received a confirmation email yet saying that they've received your Acceptance Form in the mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you received a confirmation email yet saying that they've received your Acceptance Form in the mail?

Thanks for starting this thread! :) I too am excited to meet everyone at accepted students day! In response to your question, I emailed admissions to ask if they had received my form and they confirmed that they did. They are pretty quick with responses!

I haven't... They only emailed me in response to my email that I sent them confirming my acceptance. I also sent my transcripts to both schools, but haven't received word that they received them. lol, I should probably ask, though!

Thanks for starting this thread! :) I too am excited to meet everyone at accepted students day! In response to your question, I emailed admissions to ask if they had received my form and they confirmed that they did. They are pretty quick with responses!
I love that they're so efficient and organized with this whole process! I should probably email them, too!

Have you both received the email regarding their volunteer outreach opportunities - the ones on Feb. 18th & and Apr. 30th? If so, are any of you attending?

Okay, thanks for the input! I emailed them over a week ago about the acceptance form and they said that they would email me back when they received it...but so far, no email. :/
Yeah, I heard about the volunteer opportunities, and I wish I could go, but I have work.

Have you guys had any luck finding an AHA CPR for Health Professionals class? It seems like there's a lot of options, but none use the exact same terminology as UCSF asks for. The most similar sounding course that I could find on AHA's website was a Basic Life Support course for Health Providers, which has three separate sections that you have to sign up for (education, practice, and testing).

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for the input! I emailed them over a week ago about the acceptance form and they said that they would email me back when they received it...but so far, no email. :/
Yeah, I heard about the volunteer opportunities, and I wish I could go, but I have work.

Have you guys had any luck finding an AHA CPR for Health Professionals class? It seems like there's a lot of options, but none use the exact same terminology as UCSF asks for. The most similar sounding course that I could find on AHA's website was a Basic Life Support course for Health Providers, which has three separate sections that you have to sign up for (education, practice, and testing).

Yep, I'm signed up for a BLS for Healthcare Providers full classroom course (education, practice, and testing) that is about 4.5 hours long and is $65 ($50 for the course + $15 for the course book). The AHA certification card is given at the end of class :)

Have any of you guys created an account for MyAcesss? It says to use your UCSF email to register.. but haven't received any info for that. Have you guys heard anything?

I haven't... They only emailed me in response to my email that I sent them confirming my acceptance. I also sent my transcripts to both schools, but haven't received word that they received them. lol, I should probably ask, though!

I love that they're so efficient and organized with this whole process! I should probably email them, too!

Have you both received the email regarding their volunteer outreach opportunities - the ones on Feb. 18th & and Apr. 30th? If so, are any of you attending?

I won't be making it to either volunteer days :(

Have any of you guys created an account for MyAcesss? It says to use your UCSF email to register.. but haven't received any info for that. Have you guys heard anything?

Yep! I received a letter in the mail two weeks ago for instructions to register for MyAccess. I'll message you the details! :)

Have you guys decided whether to do on-campus or off-campus housing?
What's your reasoning?

I haven't decided yet.
Most of the on-campus options aren't furnished, so it's not any easier to move into than a regular apartment. And I heard from a current student that they don't let you pick your roommates, which is a bummer.
It's hard to tell whether on or off campus is cheaper, especially since sometimes schools offer more scholarship or loan money if the student is living on campus, but I don't know how much.

Have you guys decided whether to do on-campus or off-campus housing?
What's your reasoning?

I haven't decided yet.
Most of the on-campus options aren't furnished, so it's not any easier to move into than a regular apartment. And I heard from a current student that they don't let you pick your roommates, which is a bummer.
It's hard to tell whether on or off campus is cheaper, especially since sometimes schools offer more scholarship or loan money if the student is living on campus, but I don't know how much.

I'm a SF native and on campus housing is definitely cheaper. I'm not too sure abut the scholarship/loan money for on campus living but I do know that it's actually quite difficult to find off campus housing that is reasonably priced and in a good location. I'm not sure what your means of transportation will be to get to campus, but even though I have a car here, I'm personally not going to drive to either UCSF campus because of the time it takes to find parking/costs of parking. Finding housing that is either on campus or inner/outer sunset area where you can easily take muni, in my opinion, would be the best option for the least amount of stress. Be careful when looking for off campus housing though because a lot of the cheaper places don't have kitchens, only hot plates for "light cooking."

I do have a couple friends currently in the program who are doing on campus housing and they don't seem to have too many issues with it. Of course, everyone has their own preferences. Hope this helps! But, message me if you want more details! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received any further info regarding accepted students day yet?? Or anything else for that matter... haha.

Has anyone received any further info regarding accepted students day yet?? Or anything else for that matter... haha.
Nothing, aside from the CSU mentor email yesterday.
And thanks for the information about housing- it was super helpful!

Hey has anyone heard anything after the CSU mentor thing.. Or worried about having to get an acceptance from the graduate division and turning down other programs?

Hey has anyone heard anything after the CSU mentor thing.. Or worried about having to get an acceptance from the graduate division and turning down other programs?
Hmm... that didn't really cross my mind? The "SFSU Things to Remember" document they sent us said we would receive a formal email for acceptance at SFSU 2 weeks after you get your ID#. I didn't really think to worry about not being admitted at SFSU o_O -- I thought that was a given since we already put in a nonrefundable deposit for the program. Seems pointless to go through this whole admission process of putting in a deposit, sending transcripts, financial aid etc., only to find out we might not be accepted to graduate studies at SFSU. :( Anyone else have any info?

EDIT: Just talked to a student currently in the program and he said once you get accepted to UCSF, you are accepted to both!

Last edited:
Also, any of you guys interested in getting a Facebook group started for our class?? :)

A FB group is a good idea! :)

Also, was there any mention about the appropriate attire for accepted students day? I don't want to appear underdressed nor overdressed, haha.

A FB group is a good idea! :)

Also, was there any mention about the appropriate attire for accepted students day? I don't want to appear underdressed nor overdressed, haha.

They said dress nice-casual, ie, better than work-out wear, but not quite Interview Weekend professional.