You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCSF/SFSU DPT Class of 2023
Started by DPTchaser
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I also received an invitation to interview. I feel you there I’m super nervous. UCSF may not be my first choice but I would still like to get accepted in case I don’t hear from other schools.
I will be there. I am super nervous as well so we're in the same boat!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDPT2201
Full Member
Same here!!! Anyone know how many interviews were granted?
From previous posts of past years it sounds like it’s usually 100+ interviews so we all need to be on our game that day.Same here!!! Anyone know how many interviews were granted?
chrisswish24
Full Member
Any tips for interview day? Thanks!
any tips? thanks!I'm a current student in the UCSF/SFSU program! Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help!
lottiedottie
New Member
Did anyone receive a confirmation after submitting the survey saying you are attending the interview weekend?
I did not, I expect they will reach out to us with more details. And that will be our confirmation.Did anyone receive a confirmation after submitting the survey saying you are attending the interview weekend?
I'm a current student in the UCSF/SFSU program! Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help!
I'm curious if not attending the welcome dinner and tour the day before interview day would hurt my chances; any thoughts?
lottiedottie
New Member
I'm curious if not attending the welcome dinner and tour the day before interview day would hurt my chances; any thoughts?
I emailed them as I can't make it to the dinner and the admissions office got back to me and said the only "evaluative" pieces of the weekend are the interviews and essay which are both on Saturday. So it's truly not a problem if you cannot make it Friday evening. Hope that helps!
Dr_coach_07
Full Member
I will be there too! Still deciding on Friday night though.
Yes, that definitely helps, thank you.I emailed them as I can't make it to the dinner and the admissions office got back to me and said the only "evaluative" pieces of the weekend are the interviews and essay which are both on Saturday. So it's truly not a problem if you cannot make it Friday evening. Hope that helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.I didn't attend and I got in so I doubt it. The welcome dinner is more a chance for you to get to know the program and get comfortable before the actual interview happens. You can still learn a lot about the program on the actual interview day
futurept833
Full Member
Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear back?
Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear back?
I asked some of the first year students during on Saturday and they said it could be as early as today, and definitely within the next two weeks!
Has anyone else heard back? That makes me so anxious haha.
Yogini/DPT_SanFran
New Member
Actually just got a call at 3:20pm with an acceptance haha good luck to everyone else!!
Congratulations!!! I haven't heard back yet. Did you get a phone call and an email?
Yogini/DPT_SanFran
New Member
Lol. Me too. Fingers crossed.Has anyone else heard back? That makes me so anxious haha.
bryceyale10
New Member
I got a call today around 3:30, I was accepted!!
MelBell29
Full Member
I got a phone call and they said an email with more details should be coming within the next 48 hoursCongratulations!!! I haven't heard back yet. Did you get a phone call and an email?
Congratulations to all of you who were accepted. Based on last year they may do more calls this morning? Or hoping for waitlist at this point!
Dr_coach_07
Full Member
I got a call today at noon with my acceptance! I’m wondering if we can put our deposit down and still have the option to change our minds? I have an interview at Sac State next week and I want to see how that turns out before I make a decision. Any tips??
I got a call this morning around 9am with acceptance! So happy! Will definitely be going there next year! Anyone else planning on attending?
Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using SDN mobile
Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using SDN mobile
Congrats!! I think we can still change your mind after you put the deposit down but you probably won't get it back if you decide not to go...
Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using SDN mobile
I got a call today at noon with my acceptance! I’m wondering if we can put our deposit down and still have the option to change our minds? I have an interview at Sac State next week and I want to see how that turns out before I make a decision. Any tips??
Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything since monday?
I am still waiting. I think they're done with acceptances so I'm hoping for waitlist
I got rejected but I wish all of you the best that were accepted. Everyone was so amazing this past weekend so I'm not surprised hahaha
Yogini/DPT_SanFran
New Member
Did they call you, or did you just receive an email. I'm still waiting and biting my nails in anticipation! And yes, it's true - that was an incredibly awesome weekend and so amazing to meet so many wonderful and intelligent future PT's! 🙂I got rejected but I wish all of you the best that were accepted. Everyone was so amazing this past weekend so I'm not surprised hahaha
Did they call you, or did you just receive an email. I'm still waiting and biting my nails in anticipation! And yes, it's true - that was an incredibly awesome weekend and so amazing to meet so many wonderful and intelligent future PT's! 🙂
email!
Not sure how likely it is but if you are getting off the wait-list, you should know pretty soon. The deadline to accept or deny was yesterday.anyone know how likely it is to get off the alternate list?
Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using SDN mobile
I was put on the alternate list last week. Just got the phone call yesterday that I was being offered admission.
Hey guys! For the people who are attending UCSF/SFSU in June, I created a FB page for us all to start chatting and getting to know each other! It's called: UCSF/SFSU Class of 2023!
Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using SDN mobile
Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using SDN mobile
lottiedottie
New Member
Not sure if anyone is looking at this thread anymore, but I have a question. So I was waitlisted on 1/15 this year and haven’t heard back yet. Has anyone in your cohort been taken off the waitlist weeks after they got waitlisted? Just wondering if I should lose hope or not 😭 UCSF/SFSU is my top choice 😩😩
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad