UCSF SOM class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NorCalGirl said:
I think this is it:
http://www.campuslifeservices.ucsf.edu/housing/OffC_lt_ocls.html

Also, Craigslist (www.craigslist.org) is a good place to look!

Thank you, NorCalGirl. (I'm somewhat concerned about trying to coordinate a roommate from a distance -- I'm out of the state for a couple months...)

Members don't see this ad.

Is anybody moving to SF in the next three weeks from LA area? I just found an appartment but I am trying to cut moving cost.

lumd said:
Is anybody moving to SF in the next three weeks from LA area? I just found an appartment but I am trying to cut moving cost.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Very little discussion on this thread, so maybe nobody's reading it, but I'll give this a shot. :)

Are you guys going to buy any of the equipment on the sheet they sent us prior to orientation? If so, what brands/models etc? I've been perusing the internet and I'm overwhelmed.

Or is this going to be covered during orientation? (Just want to make sure that if I order it online it'll arrive in time for whenever we need it.)

Also, aside from one old thread from ~2002, does anyone have or has anyone read advice on which of the required/recommended books we really need?

Thanks for any input. I'm getting excited!

CaMD said:
Very little discussion on this thread, so maybe nobody's reading it, but I'll give this a shot. :)

Are you guys going to buy any of the equipment on the sheet they sent us prior to orientation? If so, what brands/models etc? I've been perusing the internet and I'm overwhelmed.

Where have you been looking? I just got the sheet and was a little shocked to find out that there is even more to buy. The letter suggested that additional financial aid could be given for this equipment. Does that mean that it is not included in our required fees? I wish they would have told us a little sooner cuz I am broke! I think I will wait to talk with 2nd years and professors to find the best deals.

Or is this going to be covered during orientation? (Just want to make sure that if I order it online it'll arrive in time for whenever we need it.)

Also, aside from one old thread from ~2002, does anyone have or has anyone read advice on which of the required/recommended books we really need?

I really don't know, but I heard you get a free Netters if you sign up with AMSA. Where are you buying your books?

I am excited too!!! Are you going camping?

CaMD said:

Hi guys! I feel like everyone I know has already started school except for me!

I don't know about all that equipment they are asking us to buy. All I have so far is a stethoscope (Littmann Cardiology III), and I'm just going to wait until I know that I'll need the other stuff-- Unless some current students know if we'll need an otoscope, etc. anytime soon! Advice on books would also be appreciated.

Unfortunately, I won't be seeing any of you on the camping trip because I'm moving in that weekend. Hope you're enjoying you last few days of summer! :)

I won't be going camping. I have a wedding to go to that weekend. Sort of dissapointed because I bet it'll be fun, sort of glad because honestly, I'm not much of a "camper."

Where have you been looking? I just got the sheet and was a little shocked to find out that there is even more to buy. The letter suggested that additional financial aid could be given for this equipment. Does that mean that it is not included in our required fees? I wish they would have told us a little sooner cuz I am broke! I think I will wait to talk with 2nd years and professors to find the best deals. I don't think the equipment is in our "fees" but I do think it's accounted for in the financial aid. If you look on the financial aid office website at the budget (where it's broken down my med said:
That's good to know. Not sure where to buy the books from, I assume the school store is overpriced, so I'll probably get them on amazon etc. Even though I really want to just do it, I guess I'll wait 'til school starts and we get opnions from older students on what to bother buying.