UCSF strict about post-acceptance grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bcdds09

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how strict UCSF is about grades after you've been accepted?

Let's just say I'm not doing so hot in one of my classes :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't gotten UCSF's info packet yet, so I may be way off-base on this, but Minnesota said you have to have > C on all courses and I assume most schools are the same. That's a 2.0 on AADSAS, which gives you plenty of room for error! I suppose if all of your grades were that low, they may reconsider, but I wouldn't stress on 1 low grade post-acceptance (provided it's above the base acceptable grade they'll tell us about in "the packet").

I'm already done with classes but for most schools, you don't need to worry too much if you get a C or C- but you do have to get a C or higher in any pre-req left to take.

Members don't see this ad :)
From last year....
  1. All Provisional Admits must earn at least a “C” in any in progress course work and in any course work planned for now through September 1, 2008.

1. If you earn below a “C” in any course taken during the winter 08, spring 08 or summer 08 terms, you must notify our office immediately.

1. In these situations your file will be subject to another review. After which, we reserve the right to rescind your offer of admission and deny your application.

1. Failure to promptly notify our office of earning less than a “C” is grounds for the denial of your application and your dismissal if you have matriculated.

1. To ensure there is no confusion, you should notify us of any changes you plan to make to your schedule.

From last year....
  1. All Provisional Admits must earn at least a “C” in any in progress course work and in any course work planned for now through September 1, 2008.

1. If you earn below a “C” in any course taken during the winter 08, spring 08 or summer 08 terms, you must notify our office immediately.

1. In these situations your file will be subject to another review. After which, we reserve the right to rescind your offer of admission and deny your application.

1. Failure to promptly notify our office of earning less than a “C” is grounds for the denial of your application and your dismissal if you have matriculated.

1. To ensure there is no confusion, you should notify us of any changes you plan to make to your schedule.

Thanks UCSF2012, and everyone else. That was very clear.

Congrats to everyone and good luck!:thumbup:

what about dropping 2 minors? any problems?

anyone know if a "C-" is okay? >_<

yeah, thanks. no thanks for your sarcasm though.

haha that was hilarious