UCSF timeline question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gradM.S.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
I was wondering - roughly speaking, how long did it take for UCSF to respond either with an interview date or a rejection letter after sending the letter stating that the application is complete? Thanks for the information!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I just got a phone call today - they are scheduling for January. I think I submitted about 1.5 or 2 months ago. In any case, it was so long ago I was expecting a rejection letter come March. :p Try calling - I didn't have much luck because I could never get a live person on the line, but maybe you will.

good luck!

ricegirl

grad,

It took roughly 1.5 months after turning in the secondary appl for an interview. I think within a week after getting the letter that stated that my file was complete, I got another letter for an interview. They are almost impossible to get ahold of. I used to check the status on my application very frequently. You can go to <a href="http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/webtools" target="_blank">http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/webtools</a> But they don't usually update it every Thursday. And it's impossible to get ahold of them. Even if you did, they won't tell you your status on the phone. So far they've only admitted 26 students....I think they will accept another round of students end of this month or beginning of January...I don't think they send the rejection letters until March...Well good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Caligirl,
Where did you find out that UCSF has accepted only 26 people so far? I am still waiting for their decision and I was just curious...

hey grad,
I received and turned in my secondary in october (although it took me forever to answer those questions!) and received an interview invitation on nov. 1st. I ended up interviewing on the 16th of nov. and got accepted dec. 1st (well, technically it was the 4th b/c of mail time, etc.). Hope that helps!

Bruin,

I was at the UCSF interview the first week of December and Barbra (Head of Admissions) told us that they sent out 26 letters of acceptance on Dec. 1st.