UCSF/UCB Joint Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stroszeck

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about this program where you spend 3 years on Berkeley campus and then 2 at UCSF Medical school? It's an MS/MD program.

How many students are accepted and what type of criteria are necessary? The info on Berkeley's site is pretty vague. THanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Stroszeck said:
Does anybody know anything about this program where you spend 3 years on Berkeley campus and then 2 at UCSF Medical school? It's an MS/MD program.

How many students are accepted and what type of criteria are necessary? The info on Berkeley's site is pretty vague. THanks.

Hey, I got this last year, but my real goal was UCSF's med school not the JMP. I dropped the JMP program when I got other UC's was waitlisted at SF all summer long. Basically 12 students are accepted into the program. You spend the first 3 years on Berkeley working on a thesis and taking classes and then do your clinical training with the other people at SF during your 4th and 5th year. I was kind of ambivalent about the program but maybe it was just me. Note: They are looking for a strong research background.

This is my number one choice program, I LOVE it. The program only has twelve slots a year, so it is pretty small, and yeah - the first three years are on the UCB campus, the final two years are the regular clinical years that all the UCSFers do. Feel free to PM me with questions, my boss is an alum of this program.