UCVM 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wrote slowly and ended up with 746 not cutting anything. I wish I’d practiced writing essays because I think I would’ve been a bit faster, but still only had so much room so who knows if it would’ve been all that different. I believe I made good points but some of them were better supported than others. I had more examples in mind that I probably could’ve snuck in if I’d written faster in the beginning. Overall I don’t feel terrible about it so I’m glad about that!
Don't overthink things too much! I know lots of people in the class of 2026 that didn't feel great about their essay. Lots of us took different angles and I know personally I only got out around 700 words. :) no stress!

Reactions: 3 users
I think I might have taken a different angle. Hopefully it turns out

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like I maybe didn't answer the question correctly so I suppose I will now panic about that for a few months 🙃

I’m right there with you

Message me if you want to chat about it! I'm giving myself a couple of hours to panic but then I'm forgetting about it until after the interview. I kind of realized near the end, but it was too late so I just went with it.

Good job to everyone that wrote their essay this morning! Don't worry about it too much, I thought mine was a hot mess but it turned out fine. Time to throw away all your worries about the essay and focus now on the MMI, you got this!!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm so proud of all of us for completing the essay! Don't overthink what you said or doubt yourself. Everyone has different takes on topics so what you think is never going to be exactly the same as the next person. As long as you did your best that's all that matters!

Great job on the essay today guys! Remember that the essay is just for them to get a peek at how you think, it's not meant to have a rigid rubric so don't worry if you feel like you skewed from the norm with yours!

No matter how you feel you did, remember that it is a brand new day tomorrow, so go have a nice filling dinner, get a good night's sleep, and show them what you've got tomorrow! We're rooting for you guys!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Good luck with the MMIs today everyone! I will "see" some of you in the interviews I am sure :)

Good luck with the MMI everyone, sending good vibes!!!!
I feel like my MCAT rewrite went way better, hoping to shoot my shot next fall!!

Reactions: 5 users
How do you guys feel after the MMI? I felt like throwing up lol

How do you guys feel after the MMI? I felt like throwing up lol
Everyone does I think haha, I know dumb things I said on the MMI continued to haunt me even after I got the call I was accepted :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m still in shock it went by so fast!
I agree! It went by way faster than I expected. I felt really confident in my answers and made sure to answer everything to the best of my ability. Honestly though, I felt like throwing up before it started and not after lol

Amazing job guys!! No matter what, it's over now and you should be super proud of making it through! It will be impossible not to stress over every tiny silly thing you said wrong (I know I did), but I promise you that your interviewers understand!

I definitely had a couple of word fumbles here and there. I felt good about the content of most of my answers although would’ve benefited from a couple more minutes for some of them! There was only one station where I didn’t realize the time was ending and got cut off. I wish I knew how they were scored 😂

And I said “um” more than I would’ve liked 😑

I definitely had a couple of word fumbles here and there. I felt good about the content of most of my answers although would’ve benefited from a couple more minutes for some of them! There was only one station where I didn’t realize the time was ending and got cut off. I wish I knew how they were scored

And I said “um” more than I would’ve liked

I think they probably allow for a couple more “um’s” than usual! I’m sure you did great!
I also had to wrap up quickly a couple times - hopefully I wasn’t rambling!

I think they probably allow for a couple more “um’s” than usual! I’m sure you did great!
I also had to wrap up quickly a couple times - hopefully I wasn’t rambling!
I’m hoping that having lots to say is a good thing! There was only 1 station where I ended with 1-2 minutes left. I am going to go crazy waiting for June! At least for CASPer you find out your score, waiting for results is my least favourite thing!!!

I felt good about it, but I got kicked out of one of my stations before it even started so panicked a little bit. They said not to worry about it but I'm a bit sad because I felt good about my answer to that question.

Aw, that’s hard! Even though it won’t bring your score down it still sucks to have a missed opportunity. While I understand the reasons for having them online, I feel like I’d be so much more comfortable in person. I think I communicate better because of that, less awkward! And no risk of missing any stations. Everyone evaluated on the exact same things

I was wondering if they dropped your 2 worst stations because of the whole “we only need 6 or 7”. It didn’t seem like it, but that would be interesting- like what if you came across a question you didn’t like and skipped it? Would that be an advantage? Probably wouldn’t be a good strategy to skip stations but something to think about… can anyone tell I’m obsessing over this whole process 😂

If anyone would like to connect on an easier platform, please feel free to reach out and I can try to make a group chat or even just individual chats. Would be nice to have a support chain since we’re all in this boat together (and usernames are so confusing when you don’t know anyone!) :)

I felt good about it, but I got kicked out of one of my stations before it even started so panicked a little bit. They said not to worry about it but I'm a bit sad because I felt good about my answer to that question.
Don't worry about it! You only really need like 6 for them to assess. The 8 is just in case something gets messed up. I missed two stations completely because my interviewers never joined and it worked out fine! I was also bummed because I had a super good answer for the one I didn't even get to do! It'll work out :)

• Love
Don't worry about it! You only really need like 6 for them to assess. The 8 is just in case something gets messed up. I missed two stations completely because my interviewers never joined and it worked out fine! I was also bummed because I had a super good answer for the one I didn't even get to do! It'll work out :)
I hope so! I think that's what happened in mine, it was waiting for the interviewer to join and then it said that the interview had ended..very odd. I liked doing it on zoom though, I was much more comfortable in my own house than in the room and at this point three years on I'm extremely used to doing things on zoom.

THIS ☝️ I also had tech issues big time and missed two stations. I spent the little bits of time in between stations having a lil' micro cry session because I was SO stressed. Needless to say, it was not how I expected (or wanted) my MMI to go, but when does vet med ever go according to plan? Don't let your mind play tricks on you. As long as you did your best in the moment with the hand you were given, then that's all anyone can ask for! The stressful part is over, keep yourself busy over the summer and time will pass quickly!

Does anyone know if we need to do duet or snapshot in addition to Casper? Thought I’d check before sending an email

Does anyone know if we need to do duet or snapshot in addition to Casper? Thought I’d check before sending an email
We did not last year!

Reactions: 1 users
No duet or snapshot!

Good luck on your CASPer tonight, everyone!
giphy.gif

WOOO 505 on the rewrite, that outta do it !! Never want to see anything to do with that exam again :rofl:

Reactions: 6 users
WOOO 505 on the rewrite, that outta do it !! Never want to see anything to do with that exam again :rofl:
Congrats! Now you won’t have to 😊 Best of luck with your application for next year, feel free to message me if you want any advice!

Congrats! Now you won’t have to 😊 Best of luck with your application for next year, feel free to message me if you want any advice!
Oh wow, thanks very much, will do !

The wait is soooo painful :dead:

Anyone have any suggestions to make it easier?? I feel like so much is up in the air, I live in Victoria right now so I have 2 drastically different paths ahead for September and it feels so unsettling...

The wait is soooo painful :dead:

Anyone have any suggestions to make it easier?? I feel like so much is up in the air, I live in Victoria right now so I have 2 drastically different paths ahead for September and it feels so unsettling...

I’m suffering alongside you friend, I’m dying. Mostly, I’m applying to other jobs, going to the gym, doing puzzles and going for walks. I’m gonna be honest though, it’s not helping

Also dying. I guess staying busy is the best thing to do. Once I’m done my last two exams I will be working full time and I think that’ll help time go by faster. Fingers crossed that we’ll have our answers in seven weeks!

Agree with everyone else, the uncertainty and the wait is terrible. The more I think about it the more anxiety and doubts I have for how I performed during the interview and essay.

Does anyone know if we get our casper results back? The caser site says they will be released about a month after the exam, but theres still nothing. I just want to know! Haha

I sent a message on the casper chat thing and they’re supposed to be posted 4-5 weeks after. Also supposed to send an email when results are available. I guess they’re just late 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I sent them another message because I am sooo impatient haha. Apparently there was a technical issue that has now been resolved, so the results should be sent within 48 hours.

Scores are out! I'm happy with mine, I was worried because I'm a slow typer but it all turned out fine.

I’m also happy with mine but getting a quartile instead of the actual z-score is a little less satisfying. On the bright side; it’s almost June!

So what would you guys consider the second week of June? Lol. Cause tomorrow is June 1st so will we know next week? Or do we think after the 7th? What are your guesses?

So what would you guys consider the second week of June? Lol. Cause tomorrow is June 1st so will we know next week? Or do we think after the 7th? What are your guesses?
I'm thinking next week, no later than June 9.. but who knows lol

I’ve had a countdown on my phone to June 7 for the past two months lol. I was thinking of asking Kristy which week is the second week in June but most likely (hopefully?) someone will post on here when they get their offer so that’ll be one way to know what’s going on!

Since the MMI I’ve felt like the 2 finalists in Hell’s Kitchen when they each have their hand on a doorknob

I think last year they released offers on June 8th so probably no later than next week is what I'm thinking

It's hopefully decision week! Goodluck to everyone and let us know when you receive your call!

Reactions: 7 users