UCVM 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else stressing about finding a place to live for August? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I asked Kristy for clarification because I’m goin crazy. They consider next week June 12-16 the second week of June. So probably won’t hear anything til then!

As for finding a place to live, I think it might be a good idea for people who get in to make a facebook group or something to discuss things like that, I know someone going into 2nd year so I could ask her for some suggestions once we get to that point…

Reactions: 1 user
I asked Kristy for clarification because I’m goin crazy. They consider next week June 12-16 the second week of June. So probably won’t hear anything til then!

As for finding a place to live, I think it might be a good idea for people who get in to make a facebook group or something to discuss things like that, I know someone going into 2nd year so I could ask her for some suggestions once we get to that point…
This makes me so much more stressed and angry. Like they already have the list please put us out of our misery and tell us! It would give us an extra week to find a place to live and get started

Members don't see this ad :)
This makes me so much more stressed and angry. Like they already have the list please put us out of our misery and tell us! It would give us an extra week to find a place to live and get started
I feel you! Just gotta take a deep breath and accept that it’s outside of our control at this point (easy to say, not so easy to do). If I’m ever in a position where I have a say in this process, I think I’d do things a bit differently. I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt that it is this time-consuming to evaluate applicants, but it’s frustrating regardless.

Oh well, after waiting this long another week shouldn’t be too bad! Thanks for asking :)

Does anyone know what happens if you miss the call? Will they leave a message?

Reactions: 1 users
Oh well, after waiting this long another week shouldn’t be too bad! Thanks for asking :)

Does anyone know what happens if you miss the call? Will they leave a message?
I agree!

I believe in the past they don't leave a message they just try calling you again later on in the day.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else stressing about finding a place to live for August? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hi! I will have a room available for another student (hopefully I get in!). Own room and bathroom with shared office. Dog friendly but not cats. 5 min drive from the spyhill campus.

Does anyone know about the acceptance/rejection process? I know they call us with acceptances, and last year they emailed the day after to let people know they weren’t accepted, but do they tell people they have been waitlisted?

I am seriously on the edge of my seat! Lol
They also send out the waitlist emails the next day!

THIS is your week! Good luck to you all and the class of 2026 can't wait to meet you!

Reactions: 6 users
Good luck this week. The phone call will be from a blocked number or say UofC. If they don't reach you they will leave a voice mail. They will send all the acceptances in a email later in the day. Just keep your ringers on. YOU GUYS GOT THIS!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
I just got the call, I'm in! Good luck today everyone!!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if they do all of the calls in one day or is it spread out? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my call! Can’t wait to meet you all!!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if they do all of the calls in one day or is it spread out? Thanks!
Calls are all made in one day and to my knowledge there's no rhyme or reason as to the order you get one.

If you are not accepted you will receive a letter in your email inbox rather than a phone call.

If you are waitlisted you may receive a phone call later in the summer!

Reactions: 2 users
I also just got my call!! I’m so excited to meet everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
The Beavers (class of 2026) are stoked to meet all you firsties! Congratulations to anyone receiving admission calls today 🎉

And to those that are rejected: I've been there, a few times actually. It hurts like hell but never stop fighting for your passion! 🐾🩺

I didn’t get accepted, which is what it is, but I’m a little confused about the quartile rankings they gave. The site for the CASPer test put me in the 50-74th quartile and very specifically says that means I did better than 50-74% of the people who wrote the test, but in the email they said I was in the 3rd quartile meaning the BOTTOM 50-75%, can anyone provide some clarity on that? Am I just reading these wrong?

Waitlisted 😕 what’s the deadline for everyone to accept their offer?

Also waitlisted :( sad. UCVM website says 1 week to accept offers

Waitlisted 😕 what’s the deadline for everyone to accept their offer?
This Friday. The wait list is so so close, and I know tons of people who have either gotten in off the wait list or the year after.

This Friday. The wait list is so so close, and I know tons of people who have either gotten in off the wait list or the year after.
Thank you :) Congratulations on getting a call today!

I didn’t get accepted, which is what it is, but I’m a little confused about the quartile rankings they gave. The site for the CASPer test put me in the 50-74th quartile and very specifically says that means I did better than 50-74% of the people who wrote the test, but in the email they said I was in the 3rd quartile meaning the BOTTOM 50-75%, can anyone provide some clarity on that? Am I just reading these wrong?
I think the quartile on the Casper website was only for the written portion so that’s why you have 2 different quartile results for Casper

I asked Kristy what my rank on the waitlist is, anyone know if they share that information? I feel like being top 3 compared to like bottom 7 is a big difference

I asked Kristy what my rank on the waitlist is, anyone know if they share that information? I feel like being top 3 compared to like bottom 7 is a big difference
I also asked and don't know if they can give out that info but I agree that the higher you are on the list the better!

I just want to say congratulations to everyone that got in, but more importantly, if you didn’t this round, please please don’t give up. I was rejected 3 times before I got accepted and watched all my friends get in without me so I’ve been where you are and I know how much it hurts. Once you’re in, no one cares how many times you applied and experience will matter more so use this year to get experience and save up some money!! ❤️

Reactions: 4 users
I don't believe Kristy is allowed to tell you, but asking can’t hurt! 😊

I think 3rd quartile does mean you are the top 50 to 74%. 4th quartile is the best score which is 100-75%. They may have worded it wrong in the email? You can confirm on the capser website too.

Also waitlisted.. only first time applying but it was a rough day. Congrats to those who got accepted!

I think 3rd quartile does mean you are the top 50 to 74%. 4th quartile is the best score which is 100-75%. They may have worded it wrong in the email? You can confirm on the capser website too.
No, 1st quartile (0-24th percentile) is the best result/top 25% of applicants

Edit- disregard 😂 75-100th percentile is the top 25%

Last edited:
No, 1st quartile (0-24th percentile) is the best result/top 25% of applicants

What may be confusing is that Casper ranks you into a quartile (4th quartile is highest) and UCVM gives you a quartile ranking (1 being highest).

What may be confusing is that Casper ranks you into a quartile (4th quartile is highest) and UCVM gives you a quartile ranking (1 being highest).
Yup you’re right I definitely mixed that up

Since I know there's a time crunch, here's some important information for those of you about to relocate:

You will likely spend 4 days/week at CSB (spy hills) in NW Calgary, as of yet there is no transit running to this campus but there is parking. 1 day/week will be at the foothills campus. Personal transportation is strongly recommended!

I've got classmates who live all over Calgary or even out of town and it's totally doable so don't go broke trying to find a place in NW. That said, I do love living only 5 minutes away from CSB 😂 Hope this helps you make decisions about where to live for the school year!

I just want to say congratulations to everyone that got in, but more importantly, if you didn’t this round, please please don’t give up. I was rejected 3 times before I got accepted and watched all my friends get in without me so I’ve been where you are and I know how much it hurts. Once you’re in, no one cares how many times you applied and experience will matter more so use this year to get experience and save up some money!! ❤️
Is there someone people who got rejected can reach out to? Just for support/ advice for next year

Is there someone people who got rejected can reach out to? Just for support/ advice for next year
I’m happy to give any advice or support, so feel free to message me anytime! 😊

Sorry, I think my inbox privacy was set to not receive messages but I think I fixed it!

Congrats to everyone! Even if it wasn't your year, to get as far along in this process as you all did means one day it will be!!

Does anyone know how many people got in off the waitlist last year or the year before?

No idea but please let us know if you get off the waitlist today! Good luck!
I'm not sure you'll find out today because the deadline to reserve a seat in the program is 4pm today. But here's to hoping they start offering to the waitlist right at 4! Best of luck!

I'm not sure you'll find out today because the deadline to reserve a seat in the program is 4pm today. But here's to hoping they start offering to the waitlist right at 4! Best of luck!
I retract my statement! Someone I know just got in off the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my call at 2:30 today! I was on the waitlist!

Reactions: 7 users
!!! So exciting! Congrats!