UF Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frogger33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

I am waitlisted at UF right now and I have an interview with NOVA in Feb. Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you that are already accepted would mind sharing your stats. I just want to see where I fall with those already accepted to see if I even have a chance of getting off the waitlist :eek:

I really hate this whole waiting process, but oh well.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey bud,
a few friends of mine attend UF Dental and I volunteer there and also attend UF as an undergrad biochem major. I can tell you that UF is number 2 in the country in grants given for research within their dental program...they are HUGE on research. Also big on DAT. According to my kaplan dental teach, a student there, the avg incoming class has a 22 AA. Good luck...I myself am not putting it as my number one school as I think they're extremley pompous and somewhat rude about osmethings...but of course Ill apply there.

dexadental said:
According to my kaplan dental teach, a student there, the avg incoming class has a 22 AA

its more like 19aa... atleast it was last year

Members don't see this ad :)
dexadental said:
Good luck...I myself am not putting it as my number one school as I think they're extremley pompous and somewhat rude about osmethings...but of course Ill apply there.

Hey Dexadental... would you mind elaborating on that. I would just like to know the inside comments about the school, becuase never have gone to UF, I only know the statistics. It is basicly my number one choice becuase of the price (I already have debt from going to Emory University for undergrad). But I would be happy going to NOVA too, as they are the only schools I applied to. I want to stay in florida!! However, I am a little worried about NOVA since I have a late febuary interview which I know can't be too good. :confused:

frogger33 said:
However, I am a little worried about NOVA since I have a late febuary interview which I know can't be too good. :confused:

for the class of '07 application cycle, Nova had about 25 sets left to fill in the begining of April. So you are not that bad, but your chances are a little lower. So don't go into the interview depressed. Cheer up bud...all hope is not lost

And yes people at UF are a bunch of pricks...the main reason I turned down my acceptance there.

Brocnizer2007 said:
for the class of '07 application cycle, Nova had about 25 sets left to fill in the begining of April. So you are not that bad, but your chances are a little lower. So don't go into the interview depressed. Cheer up bud...all hope is not lost

Aw, Thanks. That does make me much more happy. I really thought I had no shot at getting in becuase I thought they gave out most acceptances Dec 1. Much better now! :D

The people at UF Dental are real professionals, and not at all scared to show their might and display their will upon innocent applicants like ourselves. This is not to say that other schools don't act the same way, but it seems from people on here, and my own personal experience with the school, that the UF dental program is perhaps acting a little too big for their own shoes. Granted they are extremley into research and doing cutting edge work in the field, they still can act with a little decency from time to time; I think their actions turn off alot of really good future dentists from attending there. Dr.Sposetti, dean of admissions, is also a really tough cookie, but really nice once you get to know her. My only suggestion for people applying to UF or thinking about it is to get involved in some kinda research...this is very impt. here. As for the school, the whole dental side of the medical school was recently remodeled so the facilities look really nice and new (but aren't). Maybe its because UF is such a high ranking school that they carry so much weight into their dental program...but I still think it turns off the applicant. If anyone needs detailed info about UF and the dental school, PM me.

PS Frogger: If you're worried about debt...I'd really be worried about attending Nova (private)...that will cost you one pretty penny and a half. :cool: