UF DPT Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cc5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just received an email today offering acceptance to UF's DPT program! This is the first acceptance offer which I have received, so I am very excited. The catch is that they are asking me to accept by January 20th, which is certainly before I will hear back from any of the other programs I have applied and interviewed for. Naturally, the thought of turning down this offer and not getting into any other program frightens me. Should I accept before knowing what other schools I may be accepted to?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From my understanding, the only repercussion would be losing the deposit, and that isn't too big of a deal with all things considered. Congratulations on your acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't wanna go and are looking at Baylor and have a recruiter don't save a spot. It hurts others who are waiting

I understand. I do hope to get into Baylor. Although, if I were in Vegas, I wouldn't bet on my current odds of acceptance.

So I just received an email today offering acceptance to UF's DPT program! This is the first acceptance offer which I have received, so I am very excited. The catch is that they are asking me to accept by January 20th, which is certainly before I will hear back from any of the other programs I have applied and interviewed for. Naturally, the thought of turning down this offer and not getting into any other program frightens me. In an alternate scenario, what would be the repercussions of accepting this offer (which I believe has no deposit) and then backing out to attend a different program if I am accepted down the line?

What are your stats?

I understand what FL19DPT is saying, however if you don't have any more acceptances at the moment just accept it to save your spot in the program. And as soon as another school that you prioritize higher accepts you call and respectfully decline UF's program. It really doesn't hurt the chances of anyone else, they will just have to wait, which is fine because you have earned your spot.

Reactions: 1 users
I understand what FL19DPT is saying, however if you don't have any more acceptances at the moment just accept it to save your spot in the program. And as soon as another school that you prioritize higher accepts you call and respectfully decline UF's program. It really doesn't hurt the chances of anyone else, they will just have to wait, which is fine because you have earned your spot.
You're right. I'm doing that with 3 other programs. Thanks for the insight :)

I was accepted to UF also...but I am waiting to hear back from UM and Emory

UF said you can ask for an extension on your decision deadline which is what i did

@DPTFL2015
3.7 Prereq; 157V, 159Q, 4W

Thanks y'all for your feedback! I appreciate the replies.