UF DPT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredpt2025

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

So I had recently put my seat deposit down for Georgia Southern's DPT program and had plans on beginning there in May...however, I just found out that I have been accepted into the University of Florida's DPT program. I honestly had not been considering UF too much because I did not think I would get in due to their high applicant volume, rankings, etc. So I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about UF's program? Does it really matter long-term whether you go to a school that is nationally ranked? Are there more opportunities/connections at UF?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptances! I’m jealous af, I haven’t heard from UF yet. You must have had a sick application, I heard UF doesn’t usually send out acceptances until January

But on to your questions: idk anything about Georgia Southern’s program, but tbh I think the biggest factor should be cost. Do you live in Georgia and is Georgia Southern public? I wouldn’t pay out of state tuition for UF if you can get in state tuition at Georgia Southern. I don’t think the national rankings mean too much honestly. UF of course is a widely recognized name and a respected institution, but it’s not worth going there just because of that if it’s going to cost you tens of thousands of dollars more, assuming Georgia Southern is accredited and has at least a decent reputation

The only bad things that I’ve heard about UF are that some of the professors are a tad unapproachable and seem a little know-it-all-ish, and that because research is coveted there they care more about their research than teaching their courses. BUT that was through the grapevine and only from one person indirectly so I’m not putting too much credence into it. I wouldn’t let that deter me from attending and personally UF is among my top 2 choices. But I’m from Florida so I’d have in state tuition. Also I hope this doesn’t sound like I’m trying to steer you away from UF to open up a seat there lmao. Please go wherever you feel is the best place for you to go

I imagine UF is pretty well connected, and maybe it would give you a tiny advantage in terms of getting a job after getting your license, but still I don’t think it’s worth a massive cost difference. Unless of course you’re from Florida and/or the cost would be really similar, in which case I’d choose the location and program you like better. It’s tough to tell how well you’ll fit in with UF since they don’t interview though, and that’s really my only concern with the program. I had an interview with one of my other top choices and really did not enjoy the people very much so now I’m worried about potentially attending a program without having met the faculty

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptances! I’m jealous af, I haven’t heard from UF yet. You must have had a sick application, I heard UF doesn’t usually send out acceptances until January

But on to your questions: idk anything about Georgia Southern’s program, but tbh I think the biggest factor should be cost. Do you live in Georgia and is Georgia Southern public? I wouldn’t pay out of state tuition for UF if you can get in state tuition at Georgia Southern. I don’t think the national rankings mean too much honestly. UF of course is a widely recognized name and a respected institution, but it’s not worth going there just because of that if it’s going to cost you tens of thousands of dollars more, assuming Georgia Southern is accredited and has at least a decent reputation

The only bad things that I’ve heard about UF are that some of the professors are a tad unapproachable and seem a little know-it-all-ish, and that because research is coveted there they care more about their research than teaching their courses. BUT that was through the grapevine and only from one person indirectly so I’m not putting too much credence into it. I wouldn’t let that deter me from attending and personally UF is among my top 2 choices. But I’m from Florida so I’d have in state tuition. Also I hope this doesn’t sound like I’m trying to steer you away from UF to open up a seat there lmao. Please go wherever you feel is the best place for you to go

I imagine UF is pretty well connected, and maybe it would give you a tiny advantage in terms of getting a job after getting your license, but still I don’t think it’s worth a massive cost difference. Unless of course you’re from Florida and/or the cost would be really similar, in which case I’d choose the location and program you like better. It’s tough to tell how well you’ll fit in with UF since they don’t interview though, and that’s really my only concern with the program. I had an interview with one of my other top choices and really did not enjoy the people very much so now I’m worried about potentially attending a program without having met the faculty
Thanks for your response!! I am sure you will get into UF as well. I am from Georgia, so the difference between the two schools is about an extra $50,000 if I went to UF. The no interview thing was one of my concerns too. I have had a couple interviews and meshed well with some schools better than others, so not getting to meet any of the professors and catch a vibe for the program worries me too. I wonder if they have any open house days or a way we could go to campus?

Thanks for your response!! I am sure you will get into UF as well. I am from Georgia, so the difference between the two schools is about an extra $50,000 if I went to UF. The no interview thing was one of my concerns too. I have had a couple interviews and meshed well with some schools better than others, so not getting to meet any of the professors and catch a vibe for the program worries me too. I wonder if they have any open house days or a way we could go to campus?
Yeah I imagine they have an open house but I haven’t looked into it. I figured if I get accepted then I’ll see if/when they have one