UF, MIAMI, TUFTS, VCU, SLU, Louisville, Sinai, Eistein....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotAnMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's my situation...

Florida resident with secondaries completed by first week of September...
Decent MCAT & GPA

Still haven't heard a thing from:

UF
MIAMI
TUFTS
MT Sinai
Einstein
St Louis
Louisville
VCU (only one complete in December)

Does anyone have specific info on these schools considering when they send out their last interview invites, and how late they interview until? Does the fact that I haven't heard from them yet pretty much eliminate my chances? Would I be interviewing strictly for waitlists if given the chance? Thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

NotAnMD said:
So here's my situation...

Florida resident with secondaries completed by first week of September...
Decent MCAT & GPA

Still haven't heard a thing from:

UF
MIAMI
TUFTS
MT Sinai
Einstein
St Louis
Louisville
VCU (only one complete in December)

Does anyone have specific info on these schools considering when they send out their last interview invites, and how late they interview until? Does the fact that I haven't heard from them yet pretty much eliminate my chances? Would I be interviewing strictly for waitlists if given the chance? Thanx.

I think Sinai interviews until the end of the month. Don't know much about the others.

If I had balls, SLU can suck on them. They have some some kind of complex where they won't pay any attention to you if they think you are ever so slightly interested in any other school besides them.

good luck.

UF stops interviewing March 17th, and I think Miami stops in May.

Members don't see this ad :)
rrshah2 said:
From a fellow Floridian, I know UF is very competitive. You should probably be a little more specific about "decent MCAT & GPA" because UF, from what I understand, is a number *****. I'm fairly certain that's true of USF and I would guess it is of UMiami, too. To be honest, I would guess that the odds are against you at UF if you have < 32 MCAT and < 3.8. I wouldn't say that you're eliminated and would definitely advise you to keep hope and send updates.

I agree with rrshah2. I am also a Florida resident, and UF is quite ridiculous when it comes to admissions. A colleague of mine applied last year and got an acceptance from Harvard, and was waitlisted at UF until the end of the cycle. Explain that one.

There is no harm in calling the schools to check on your status; however, I hope that you also applied elsewhere to keep your options open. Best of luck to you!

Hey-

Don't know about the others, but I think Louisville stops interviewing pretty soon; however, they give you <1 week's notice before the interview...

Best of luck!!

Duchess said:
I agree with rrshah2. I am also a Florida resident, and UF is quite ridiculous when it comes to admissions. A colleague of mine applied last year and got an acceptance from Harvard, and was waitlisted at UF until the end of the cycle. Explain that one.

There is no harm in calling the schools to check on your status; however, I hope that you also applied elsewhere to keep your options open. Best of luck to you!

Hey...great news. I got a call this morning for a UF interview! :thumbup: So, I am very excited about that...still nothing from the others though.

I appreciate everyone's input. Thanx

NotAnMD said:
Hey...great news. I got a call this morning for a UF interview! :thumbup: So, I am very excited about that...still nothing from the others though.

I appreciate everyone's input. Thanx

CONGRATS!!

Goose-d said:
CONGRATS!!

Great news about UF. I recently wrote a letter to Einstein expressing my interest in the school and updating them on my latest research. I received an email back in 3 days offering me an interview.

I would definitely recommend sending a letter to schools you are really interested in.

Good Luck!

halperinj said:
Great news about UF. I recently wrote a letter to Einstein expressing my interest in the school and updating them on my latest research. I received an email back in 3 days offering me an interview.

I would definitely recommend sending a letter to schools you are really interested in.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice!...how long ago was that? When is your interview for? (if you don't mind saying)

Cozmosis said:
Unless something got lost in the mail, Tufts has been completely silent to me.

ditto. no word for literally 4 months

not a good sign...

Duchess said:

In my application year (2002), I was originally rejected post-interview from UF, but later received a call asking me if I would consider going there. Before she could even finish asking, I said "no." I had gotten into some much better schools. Apparently not very many of their accepted applicants wanted to go there, and neither did those on the waitlist. I thought they would have rethought their admissions process in four years, but apparently they haven't. Well, congratulations on your interview OP, and if you get a rejection letter, it may not be the last you hear from them.