Program-Specific Info / Q's UF OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

To_oT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 40 people that are usually admitted to the UF OT program going to be split between OTD and UF pre-OT MOT admits? I know in years past half the 40 person cohort were pre-OT track UF students and the other half were other major students. Kind of stressful if they will only be accepting 20 people for the OTD program.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I know that the pre-ot students are still given the option of the MOT. When I went to a session at UF, they said that the students currently in the pre-ot track will have acceptance to the MOT or OTD. I caught the vibe that a lot of the pre-ot students would choose the MOT considering they are the only ones allowed to apply for it now, so that could increase our chances for the OTD program.

Reactions: 1 user
Have any of you heard back from UF? Do they wait until the deadline to contact applicants?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard back! I feel like they probably will wait until the application deadline is completed. They make me a little nervous though because of all the steps that we had to take like with their graduate school application.

I am in pre-ot program at UF right now. The UF MOT program is not accepting student outside of the pre-OT program this year. For the OTD program, they are NOT guaranteeing 50% of the spots to their pre-OT students like they normally would with the MOT program.

The director of the OTD program has told us that everyone should hear back with a decision by March for the OTD program.

Also, dont be nervous about the graduate school application and all the steps. They will only be looking at what was required on OTCAS. The graduate school application was just to get the application fee and for residency information.

Most of the programs I have applied to let me know when they have received my application, GRE scores or if I am missing something. UF has not sent me one email. Is this the same for all of you? Also, can someone let me know what email to contact when it comes to admission information? I can't find it on the website.

I haven't received an email or notification upon application completion either!

Hey guys! I made a Facebook group for future otd students if anyone would like to join! Just a place to give tips to each other throughout the whole process. Just look up Pre- Doctor of Occupational Therapy Students on Facebook and you should see the group:)

Now that the date has past, has anyone received any more information from UF? I still have yet to receive a confirmation they got my OTCAS application

I am in pre-ot program at UF right now. The UF MOT program is not accepting student outside of the pre-OT program this year. For the OTD program, they are NOT guaranteeing 50% of the spots to their pre-OT students like they normally would with the MOT program.

The director of the OTD program has told us that everyone should hear back with a decision by March for the OTD program.

Also, dont be nervous about the graduate school application and all the steps. They will only be looking at what was required on OTCAS. The graduate school application was just to get the application fee and for residency information.
Have you heard any information on the date again?

Now that the date has past, has anyone received any more information from UF? I still have yet to receive a confirmation they got my OTCAS application

Hi when I went to the open house they said that if otcas shows that your app has been verified and sent to them they have your otcas stuff. I just emailed the grad admissions to see if they have the transcripts you had to send there and they will confirm that for you.

Also UF doesn't send confirmations out unfortunately. You should be fine as long as your application is verified and you submitted their grad school application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called to make sure they had everything. I haven't received any emails from them yet. Is there an interview process?

A friend of mine got accepted today. Has anyone else heard anything from UF?

I have not heard anything back yet
She was apart of the Pre-OT program and decided to apply to the OTD instead of MOT program so I think they were letting the Pre-OT people know first

She was apart of the Pre-OT program and decided to apply to the OTD instead of MOT program so I think they were letting the Pre-OT people know first
That would make sense! I know they're not reserving spots for them in the OTD, but I guess that could possibly be easier for them to segment and let them know first. I wonder when they'll let us know. I can't imagine it would be next week since we are on spring break

oh okay! can all of you keep me updated if they send out emails or call ?

Congratulations! Did you receive a letter, email, or call? I'm waiting to hear from UF :)
I got an email. You should be hearing back from them soon. I had till the 19th to respond if I was attending and they mentioned that even if you do not attend to reply so they can send out to those on the waiting list.

I got an email. You should be hearing back from them soon. I had till the 19th to respond if I was attending and they mentioned that even if you do not attend to reply so they can send out to those on the waiting list.
Okay, thank you! Best of luck in the program :)

I was rejected today so hopefully you’ll hear back soon(preferably good news)!!

I was rejected today so hopefully you’ll hear back soon(preferably good news)!!

Im also a UF alum and I was rejected today too :(

Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back, hope you get in!

I received a rejection email today, even though I never even applied here :eyebrow:

Im also a UF alum and I was rejected today too :(

Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back, hope you get in!
It stings a little but I’m excited for the opportunity to grow in a brand new city! Excited for you and your other acceptances!

It stings a little but I’m excited for the opportunity to grow in a brand new city! Excited for you and your other acceptances!

Yes I agree, Im excited to be somewhere else and hey at least we can say we will be OTs! Best of luck on your journey!

Hahaha so weird. Must’ve been!
Y'all should totally contact the number they provided to find out why they sent you a rejection email lol I'm nosey and I want to know how large the glitch is :laugh:

I am going to decline my offer. I hope those of you that actually applied there get a call. Was it a straight rejection or a waitlist opportunity?

I am going to decline my offer. I hope those of you that actually applied there get a call. Was it a straight rejection or a waitlist opportunity?
Mine was a straight rejection! Where are you choosing instead?

Me three!!!
Me four!! Anybody called or know why that happened?? It's just strange because they also have my permanent address correct. I have no idea how they got my information lol

Me four!! Anybody called or know why that happened?? It's just strange because they also have my permanent address correct. I have no idea how they got my information lol

I called, they didn't really give me an explanation, just that it wouldn't effect any future applications if I decided to apply to the program lol

I got a rejection as well even though I didn't submit an application. They said it's because I made an OTCAS account and added UF to my list of schools to apply to (during the last cycle), and even though I didn't actually submit anything, my name still got thrown in the pile. And since I obviously didn't have anything ready, it automatically got placed into the reject pile lol.

For UF, does it increase our chances of acceptance if we submit the application early?