UF Rescinded Admissions?

Started by axelz165
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

axelz165

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was taking Microeconomics because it is required for SOME pharmacy schools. I got into University of Florida which doesn't require it to pass. Once I got accepted, I completely slacked off in this class. I'm going t to fail it (even if i get a 100% on the final). Do you think my admissions will be rescinded because of this? I'm still going to graduate with my degree and this will be my first time ever failing a course in college. Honestly senioritis just got the best of me.
 
So I was taking Microeconomics because it is required for SOME pharmacy schools. I got into University of Florida which doesn't require it to pass. Once I got accepted, I completely slacked off in this class. I'm going t to fail it (even if i get a 100% on the final). Do you think my admissions will be rescinded because of this? I'm still going to graduate with my degree and this will be my first time ever failing a course in college. Honestly senioritis just got the best of me.

Call the school regarding your specific situation to find out. It's their school, it's their rules. They are going to know it anyway when you update your coursework and degree with the admission office.

If your admission is offered on the contingent condition that your final cumulative GPA at the end of this semester must be above a certain minimum GPA to maintain your admission and your cGPA will be above that, you are going to be ok. If there is no contingent condition, call the school to find out what they are going to do. Probably you are going to fine too.

Again, only UF can tell you for certain for your specific situation whether or not your admission would be withdrawn. So call them!

Update your situation here if you could. GL !! 🙂
 
Last edited:
Oldstock said that the best. Call them. If it is contingent then that's not good. But it's not a prereq so maybe as long as your gpa is good?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Talked to Mary Beth today. She told me that as long as it isnt required for me to graduate and isnt a pre-req then I should be fine. 🙂. Thank god that's a load off my shoulders.
 
Talked to Mary Beth today. She told me that as long as it isnt required for me to graduate and isnt a pre-req then I should be fine. 🙂. Thank god that's a load off my shoulders.


that's great to hear !! careful next time 🙂