UF Rocks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Incendiary
Well said, well said. :)

BRAVO!!:D My state school was at the top of my list as well, but fortunately I can not hear monster2 bashing me for not getting in there since he is on my ignore list haha.. Although UMB unfortunately gets shadowed by JHU since both are in the same city, it is an awesome school and nearly every pre-med in Maryland wants to go there. That being said, I am very happy to be at a well-regarded school like Tufts, and would also have been happy to go to SLU if Tufts had not accepted me as well. If I had ended up going to NYMC, MCP, or Penn State, I would also have been delighted. And, if I had been a FL resident, I would have very happily gone to UF. OK, I'll shut up before I start glorifying every medical school in the country. But guess what, they ALL deserve praise because they give people the chance to get an MD or DO. enough said.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by monster2
I might have offended some of you, but I must swear to the gods that this fool Katie is such a big hypocrite. You were the one who started all this accusing that I was some old enemy to you or some repeat applicant, whatever. You know what, I don't know who you are, but I could care less. You are definitely in the wrong here, and it's truly unfortunate that some medical school decided to accept a leech like you.

OK, your message popped up on the screen even though I tried to ignore you. I'm sure you are delighted. I honestly have nothing left to say except that you may well be receiving a message from one of the moderators very soon. you can attack my character all you want, but to attack med schools that you know nothing about and to attack other people for ridiculous $#-+ like what TV shows they watch is just lame. And "you started it" and "mama, that mean girl Katie is in the wrong", c'mon, that is so elementary school. I have requested your removal from these boards because you have failed to present any evidence that you are an applicant, a medical student, or the sig. other of either of the above. If I were childish (which I'm sure your sorry behind will accuse me of), I would request that every person who dissed me be removed. However, bobmarley and kaos, even if I do not like what they have to say, obviously belong here because they are genuine applicants who have genuine concerns about med schools and the application process. someone who just uses this board to be mean and feel better about themselves doesn't belong here.

Oh, and I would like to request that other posters, as a courtesy to DO students like DrMom or students at any non top 10 school who have no doubt been insulted by this clown, that you NOT include monster2's original posts in your replies on this thread. DrMom and I both put him on our ignore list for a reason, and I ask that this reason please be respected. WSU Reds, thank you very much for your kind words.

So, THIS is what you are all about. I was minding my own business and you decided to butt in, accuse me of being someone else, attack LSU(?) and shadowed my posts, and instead of apologizing, you make threats. I'd understand OTHER people like MustafaM or Spiderman making threats, but you? I did not attack you or your school until YOU started making these false accusations. Well my dear, go right ahead and toss me out of this board.

For your information, I am a medical student and yes, I'm in the neighborhood. I know my views may be harsh, and the only "childishness" done occurred in the Lounge, which is supposed to be "childish" anyway. But go right ahead, because everything you do will be in the back of my mind, and believe me, Tufts medical school is just 2 quick train rides from Longwood, and I do know some of the folks at New England Medical Center. Of course, this is the internet, but I've a feeling you're like this all the time, internet or not. Perhaps that second semester gross anatomy stressed your brain function.

Originally posted by Katie
OK, your message popped up on the screen even though I tried to ignore you. I'm sure you are delighted. I honestly have nothing left to say except that you may well be receiving a message from one of the moderators very soon. you can attack my character all you want, but to attack med schools that you know nothing about and to attack other people for ridiculous $#-+ like what TV shows they watch is just lame. And "you started it" and "mama, that mean girl Katie is in the wrong", c'mon, that is so elementary school. I have requested your removal from these boards because you have failed to present any evidence that you are an applicant, a medical student, or the sig. other of either of the above. If I were childish (which I'm sure your sorry behind will accuse me of), I would request that every person who dissed me be removed. However, bobmarley and kaos, even if I do not like what they have to say, obviously belong here because they are genuine applicants who have genuine concerns about med schools and the application process. someone who just uses this board to be mean and feel better about themselves doesn't belong here.

Oh, and I would like to request that other posters, as a courtesy to DO students like DrMom or students at any non top 10 school who have no doubt been insulted by this clown, that you NOT include monster2's original posts in your replies on this thread. DrMom and I both put him on our ignore list for a reason, and I ask that this reason please be respected. WSU Reds, thank you very much for your kind words.

Members don't see this ad :)
May I delete this thread?

You guys can take it out on PMs if you want, but these responses make my innocent SDN a little different and I'd rather not see it on a thread I intended to be positive.

The best surgeons I have ever seen have come from UF.

Originally posted by Doctora Foxy
May I delete this thread?

You guys can take it out on PMs if you want, but these responses make my innocent SDN a little different and I'd rather not see it on a thread I intended to be positive.

*Canes tells Foxy to shush and passes the popcorn to her.":D

Originally posted by JScrusader
The best surgeons I have ever seen have come from UF.

The best surgeons I have ever seen have come from UM. :p ;)

But go right ahead, because everything you do will be in the back of my mind, and believe me, Tufts medical school is just 2 quick train rides from Longwood, and I do know some of the folks at New England Medical Center.

Was this a threat by monster2?

I agree with 2003doc. I'll be graduating from a DO school in CA. I have and will be interviewing for general surgery programs at many of the allopathic med schools in CA and FL. In addition, I have done away rotations at both UCSD and UCLA for general surgery and cardiothoracic surgery. I really did not find any major differences in terms of medical knowledge and clinical managment skills from myself and the other students. We were all pretty much at the same level at this point in the game. Actually, the most impressive student that I came across during my surgery electives was from Wright State...so, be proud of your school no matter where you come from...just remember that it's up to you what kind of doc you eventually become...

Oh, and go gators...The thread caught my eye because of the UF rocks title...as a UF alumnus...I could not agree more with that statement...

Originally posted by GCS:3
... A big selling point that Miami always brings up is that the patient volume at Jackson is surpassed in the Southeast only by Cook County in Atlanta. ...

Just caught to this thread, which is a few months old, but ...
Grady Hospital is in Atlanta. Cook County is in Chicago. And Grady does indeed get tons of action.

Ohio State is going to kick some huricane butt in the fiesta bowl. That is if miami does not lose. OSU will face any team in florida. Why not make an all star team from FSU, UF, UM and send them to tempe to get embarrased. Ha Ha Ha.

Originally posted by MedQuest
Ohio State is going to kick some huricane butt in the fiesta bowl. That is if miami does not lose. OSU will face any team in florida. Why not make an all star team from FSU, UF, UM and send them to tempe to get embarrased. Ha Ha Ha.

Dream on!!! The Canes are gonna kick everyone's a$$ this year. We are going to repeat the championship!!! GO CANES!!!!:clap: :) :D

since it was mentioned, thought I'd let everyone know that in less than a month the old, legendary Cook County Hospital will be bulldozed down as the facilities are relocated across the street to the new location of Cook County.

... after our thorax/abdomen exam a few of us are gonna take a trip up town to visit it before it shuts down. :)

Yeah, sorry, it is Grady that's in Atlanta. I'm looking at residencies in Chicago, so I had Cook County on the brain. Lets hope whatever replaces it is nicer. Armed guards on every floor! EEK!

I just finished first semester and I still think UF rocks :D

Happy Thanksgiving a todos!

Originally posted by CANES2006
Dream on!!! The Canes are gonna kick everyone's a$$ this year. We are going to repeat the championship!!! GO CANES!!!!:clap: :) :D

After three disappointing losses in a row this season, the Va Tech "Hokies" are hungry for an upset victory and are eagerly awaiting the challenge on December 7th in the Orange Bowl.

Much like the horrific attack on Pearl Harbor on the same day 61 years previously, I predict that the Hokies will sneak into town and unleash a deadly assault of running and passing as the 'Canes stand around and wonder what hit them.

I will be PM'ing you with my mini victory dance on December 8th, CANES2006! (Or, I will be eating my words... :D)

Originally posted by Skip Intro
I will be PM'ing you with my mini victory dance on December 8th, CANES2006! (Or, I will be eating my words... :D)

Okay... I'm eating my words...

crying2.gif

... but it was definitely a good game.

Well, the 'Canes earned their spot in the Fiesta Bowl, no doubt.

Originally posted by Skip Intro
Okay... I'm eating my words...

crying2.gif

... but it was definitely a good game.

Well, the 'Canes earned their spot in the Fiesta Bowl, no doubt.

:laugh: ;)

Originally posted by CANES2006

I'll second this. Miami will repeat.