UF/Tufts/Upenn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistguy85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I

Members don't see this ad.

I have just been accepted to all three. I sent deposits to both Upenn and tufts and have to send them 2ndary deposits soon. Any thoughts? obviously UF is way cheaper than both schools and the weather is better. I really dont know how much there incoming AA's and GPAs have to do with quality of education I would get at each school. Anyone have any input?

I would pick Penn first. Top dental school without question. If cost is a factor, then go to UF.

:D Don't choose UF, then maybe JB will get off the wait list

Members don't see this ad :)
UF: instate, cheap tuition, its home. beautiful florida and weather. best college teams!

Tufts: cold, EXPENSIVE, in chinatown!?!

UPENN: i dont know.

are you kidding?? UF!!

in the end, you are doc....and i think the most importnat thing when we are all done is being as debt-free as possible (thats what every dentist has ever told me)...UF in this case.

I really dont know how much there incoming AA's and GPAs have to do with quality of education I would get at each school.

They have nothing to do with the quality of education. Every student in dental school starts over with a clean slate. Some of the GPA rockstars from college struggle to get by with a 2.5 in dental school. Some of the students with less stellar GPAs from college who had to do MS and post-bac programs to raise their GPA get to dental school with some serious focus and are sitting at the top of their classes.

If cost is of any concern to you, go to the cheapest school. There you go, dilemma solved. You have a bunch of pre-dents telling you Penn is the best dental school. Once you get out of dental school, it doesn't matter at all which school you attended.

save the $$, take advantage of in state tuition

Go to Florida so I can get in off the Penn and Tufts waitlists!

hey Denistguy, when were you accepted to UF? :)

I promise you, don't pick UPenn. It is completely overrated and definitely not worth the $50,000+++ I'm paying!

hey kiwi k1523,
I assume you r at Penn Dental currently. Can you clearify please what exactly u dont like about Penn. I put down offers from 7 schools for Penn.
thank you for your input.

hey kiwi k1523,
I assume you r at Penn Dental currently. Can you clearify please what exactly u dont like about Penn. I put down offers from 7 schools for Penn.
thank you for your input.

I just got a financial aid letter from Penn with a revised tuition/budget that upped the costs a decent amount. I wasn't too happy about it and I haven't even started yet. kiwi k1523 may have just received a similar letter.

I promise you, don't pick UPenn. It is completely overrated and definitely not worth the $50,000+++ I'm paying!

Still it is much better than paying even more, and attending a school that's reputation does not allow it to be overrated ;-) Want to trade situations? I will gladly trade with you in a second. Seriously.

It isn't a matter of which is better...they're all excellent. I was accepted to Penn and Tufts (equally fine schools and quite similar in many aspects...I don't see the differences people are talking about?), but I chose a public school.

GO FOR SAVING MONEY. No dentist will tell you otherwise - guaranteed. Gryff is right; predents are thinking academically now...they don't know the realities of finances.