Uf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Just Joshin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the deadline at the University of Florida for a committee letter? My advisor is as useful as a third tit.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the deadline at the University of Florida for a committee letter? My advisor is as useful as a third tit.

Seriously, Dude it's late....like late, late...as in, is it even worth to turn it in late...I'm pretty sure it's January 15th though to get all your stuff in...Now that I think about it, it's worth a shot considering they waitlist pretty much everyone till March anyway...GL:luck:

Seriously, Dude it's late....like late, late...as in, is it even worth to turn it in late...I'm pretty sure it's January 15th though to get all your stuff in...Now that I think about it, it's worth a shot considering they waitlist pretty much everyone till March anyway...GL:luck:

Waitlist? What are you talking about? I'm talking about applying for a committee letter to apply to med school in the summer of 2008.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist? What are you talking about? I'm talking about applying for a committee letter to apply to med school in the summer of 2008.

What are you talking about then? :confused:

Do you go to UF? If you do, UF doesn't have a pre-med committee and they offer a letter service instead through VirtualEvals. I do think there is a deadline for material through the letter service, like June 30th or something. Again, UF doesn't have a committee.

If you don't go to UF, then I don't know what to tell you. Just make sure you have all your secondary materials like your application and LORS in early next summer.

What are you talking about then? :confused:

Do you go to UF? If you do, UF doesn't have a pre-med committee and they offer a letter service instead through VirtualEvals. I do think there is a deadline for material through the letter service, like June 30th or something. Again, UF doesn't have a committee.

If you don't go to UF, then I don't know what to tell you. Just make sure you have all your secondary materials like your application and LORS in early next summer.

I do some of my post bacc at UF. My professor said they have committee letters but I can't get in to see my advisor. Thanks for clearing that up!

Unless they added a committee a few months ago, I don't think they have a real committee.

What I used this past summer was the letter service, it is run by an awesome lady named Rebecca. You will start a file (just sign some papers) and be given some confidentiality forms. Then several months before summer, like now till March-ish you ask your recommenders to write your letters and give them a confidentiality form with your name, signature, and UF ID number. Your recommenders must sign the confidentiality form and mail it to the advising office in the same envelope as your letter. You have a limit of only 5 recommenders if you plan to apply only to MD schools, and you can add a sixth from a DO physician, if you plan to apply to some DO schools which require a letter from a DO physician.

You can check your file at the advising office to see who has sent in letters and who's still sitting on them! Then when you are ready to apply, you give Rebecca a $20 check and this will cover you for the first 20 schools you apply to. As you start doing secondaries, you can email her and say, " Please send my letters to XYZ University. Thank You." After sending your packet to 20 schools, you pay 3 dollars per school for the next five schools. Then every request after the 25th will cost 5 dollars.

With the letter service you can only send secondaries up to 35 schools, which can be a problem if you are applying to say, lots of MD's some DO schools and a few Caribbean schools. But most applicants never get past 20 or so secondary applications, so it probably won't be an issue.

Good luck and I hope I didn't bore you with this till your eyes melted :laugh:.