Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did some searching around but couldn't find exactly the answer I was looking for.
I have about $35k in private undergraduate student loans. Deferring these loans were absolutely no problem while in medical school but now that I'm an EM resident I've burned through my 6 month grace and two 6-month forebarences they allowed me to have.
Despite explaning my situation to absolutely idiotic people over the phone I will have to try and make payments I really can't make sooner than I wanted to make them.
SO, now I'm looking at finding a way to consolidate the private loans from undergrad with another company in hopes of getting deferrment or forebarence for just another year or two.
All of my medical school loans are totally fine.
I found a site http://www.studentloanconsolidator.com/private/
which says:
"Internship/Residency & Military Deferment: A 48 month deferment for medical/dental residents and a 36 month deferment for all active-duty military personnel is available through the Graduate Leverage Private Student Loan Consolidation Program."
but they don't have a phone number I can find on their site so that I can talk to someone BEFORE I start pushing an application through to make absolutely sure I can take advantage of the 48 months and hear about all the catches to that advertisement. I'm HIGHLY suspicious of this company because of the lack of phone number however I'm highly desperate for a private loan consolidator that appreciates my need for deferrment.
Thoughts?
Thanks!
I have about $35k in private undergraduate student loans. Deferring these loans were absolutely no problem while in medical school but now that I'm an EM resident I've burned through my 6 month grace and two 6-month forebarences they allowed me to have.
Despite explaning my situation to absolutely idiotic people over the phone I will have to try and make payments I really can't make sooner than I wanted to make them.
SO, now I'm looking at finding a way to consolidate the private loans from undergrad with another company in hopes of getting deferrment or forebarence for just another year or two.
All of my medical school loans are totally fine.
I found a site http://www.studentloanconsolidator.com/private/
which says:
"Internship/Residency & Military Deferment: A 48 month deferment for medical/dental residents and a 36 month deferment for all active-duty military personnel is available through the Graduate Leverage Private Student Loan Consolidation Program."
but they don't have a phone number I can find on their site so that I can talk to someone BEFORE I start pushing an application through to make absolutely sure I can take advantage of the 48 months and hear about all the catches to that advertisement. I'm HIGHLY suspicious of this company because of the lack of phone number however I'm highly desperate for a private loan consolidator that appreciates my need for deferrment.
Thoughts?
Thanks!