UGA College of Pharmacy

Started by nyghil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nyghil

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1st year applying to pharmacy school


So... I'm a freshman in UGA with enough credits to move on to UGA pharmacy. About 56+ credit hours (almost a junior)

I got a job as a pharmacy tech (certified this summer) in rite-aid this month and expecting to work until I graduate from pharmacy school.

I did a lot of volunteering in soup kitchens and local hospitals (more than 300 hours) in high school and hope to continue volunteering at a local hospital.

I'm intensively studying for PCAT since summer started and hope I can pull of 80th percentile+ but I haven't taken any o chem class, so I think I won't be scoring that high on the chem section.

So, I'm wondering what are my chances of getting accepted this year. I'm really passionate about this career, and even if I don't get accepted this year, ill continue to try.

I feel like the admission officers would prefer upperclassmen than a freshman because... Well, they need to move on and also are more mature.

Am I dreaming too big? I don't want to spend another year as an undergrad because ill be "wasting" my hours.
 
1st year applying to pharmacy school


So... I'm a freshman in UGA with enough credits to move on to UGA pharmacy. About 56+ credit hours (almost a junior)

I got a job as a pharmacy tech (certified this summer) in rite-aid this month and expecting to work until I graduate from pharmacy school.

I did a lot of volunteering in soup kitchens and local hospitals (more than 300 hours) in high school and hope to continue volunteering at a local hospital.

I'm intensively studying for PCAT since summer started and hope I can pull of 80th percentile+ but I haven't taken any o chem class, so I think I won't be scoring that high on the chem section.

So, I'm wondering what are my chances of getting accepted this year. I'm really passionate about this career, and even if I don't get accepted this year, ill continue to try.

I feel like the admission officers would prefer upperclassmen than a freshman because... Well, they need to move on and also are more mature.

Am I dreaming too big? I don't want to spend another year as an undergrad because ill be "wasting" my hours.

It never hurts to try... even if u dont get in now, you will gain a lot of key knowledge and motivation to get back in the next year. Now having said that, if ur gpa is solid and u have a lot of extracurricular activities u can get in. Age is just a number. Focus on the interview or the essays if theres no interview for that school to show them that u are mature and academically prepared. Good luck!