UGA Supplemental Essay Prompt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VetToBe585

UGA c/o 2020
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the UGA supplemental application requires a short essay (500 words max) with this prompt this year:

Describe a situation in your past when you felt you had failed. How did you recover from this experience, and what did you learn from it?

Would it be weird/wrong/dumb/obvious to talk about getting waitlisted this past cycle and how I worked even harder strengthening my application over the past year? Is that what every single kid is going to write about and I shouldn't? Just curious if anyone else is thinking that would be too obvious/lame of a choice...


 
With these kinds of questions when I applied, I always tried to do something not vet med, as I thought it would stick out more or show examples of me adapting to issues that are outside the field, but still applicable. I forget exactly what the prompt was, but for one school I talked about my abroad experience and what it taught me. In a file review, the school specifically mentioned how much they loved that I "thought outside the box." It wasn't UGA, but I imagine it might still apply.