UGA vs Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DVM2024

NCSU c/o 2024
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey... I know I just started a thread two days ago, but now I have another decision to make! I chose Cornell over Tufts, but this morning I got pulled off the waitlist at UGA. Cornell will be slightly less expensive (they offered me a scholarship) but UGA is much closer to my family's home in North Carolina. Any advice or insights about either program? Hands-on learning with as many animal species as possible is important to me, as is a friendly environment.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, if cost is mostly equal, I would choose being close to family. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have them to visit when you get a chance. Both programs will make you a great vet, and Hands on is always something that prevets worry about, but doesn’t make one bit of difference between schools. You have a hospital at your disposal to shadow, but the first few years are learning basic medicine. No if ands or butts.

Good luck to you no matter what you choose. It will always be the experience you make it, not the school :)