UGA vs. UW-Madison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thomj

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm torn between UGA (I didn't have a chance to visit due to COVID-19) and Wisconsin, which I did get an informal tour from a student after I was accepted. I am from the midwest so Wisconsin is close to my family, but I've spent the past 5 years in other parts of the country and don't feel super tied to the midwest. The tuition for out of state is almost identical, and according to VIN the cost of living is also almost the same (which seems surprising). I have interests in public health, research, and small animal medicine. I am mostly looking for a school that encourages work-life balance, a strong community, and is located somewhere fun for when you have the occasional night off.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! So I am also a prospective student so I don’t have experience with either schools, but for UGA I’d recommend emailing Parker Moore or joining the class of 2024 Facebook page. There’s some videos/live-streams on there of students, the campus, and also if you post your number ambassadors will contact you to talk about your questions!

I will say for the students I have talked to, work/life balance seems to be huge there and it sounded like a relaxed and collaborative environment.

For UW, I emailed some of the contacts listed on the paper they sent for accepted students and they responded pretty quickly.