UH Hilo College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow I see! So that means if we don't hear anything from them this Friday, we can make an assumption we are put on a waitlist? Or will they also let us know about that as well?

Not sure about the rejections/waitlistings but I'm about 80% sure that acceptances will be sent out this friday around 2 pm hawaii time.

If any of you need anything just let me know =)

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about the rejections/waitlistings but I'm about 80% sure that acceptances will be sent out this friday around 2 pm hawaii time.

Can you take my finals for me? =P

Thanks again. Looking forward to the acceptance e-mail. I hope I get one!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that interviewed at Hawaii, are you guys attending the live webinar?

For skype users: call "joinconference" then type in the ID 667895# (to pull up the dial pad, go to view)

I mentioned how Dr. Fisher said you can start researching as a P1, and how you can explore your opportunities there to see what the best fit for you as an incoming student would be.

I mentioned how Dr. Fisher said you can start researching as a P1, and how you can explore your opportunities there to see what the best fit for you as an incoming student would be.

Oh that's right, he didn't go over that. I'm interested in joining a research lab as well:thumbup:

Ahh I'm anticipating a phone call to see if I'm accepted.

Ahh I'm anticipating a phone call to see if I'm accepted.

I got an email around this time of the day, hopefully all of you who interviewed will as well!

(And they mail you the acceptance letter, which should come within a few days :) )

I got an email around this time of the day, hopefully all of you who interviewed will as well!

(And they mail you the acceptance letter, which should come within a few days :) )

Thanks! I'm still looking at the mailbox. The anticipation is killing me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I'm still looking at the mailbox. The anticipation is killing me!

oh man!! i know what you mean!
i'm not feeling too confident about it honestly :(
but i really hope all of us got in!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm totally stoked! I'm excited to become part of Hilo's CoP program!

Just got my acceptance e-mail!! Super stoked!

I just got my acceptance letter! :)
Interviewed on 12/7...accepted 12/14! :)
WAHHHHHHOOOOOOO. :claps:
Now I just have to send all my paperwork in!

omg!! I just got in! Woot

Hey I think I met you at my interview. You mentioned the hotel you stayed at was Black Sun or something. I stayed at the Venetian and my interview was before yours. We talked briefly before you went in.

Congrats man. I just got my acceptance too.

Ill see you there.

Hey I think I met you at my interview. You mentioned the hotel you stayed at was Black Sun or something. I stayed at the Venetian and my interview was before yours. We talked briefly before you went in.

Congrats man. I just got my acceptance too.

Ill see you there.

Philip right? Congrats yo!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Unfortunately I didn't get the email. Instead I got a review process update email? This is what it said "This is an informal email as I wanted to keep you updated with our process. Unfortunately, our Admissions Committee was not able to finish reviewing all of the interview files before our offices depart for the winter break. They will be meeting during the first week in January to pick up where they left and you should expect a decision then. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me." I think this means I am either waitlisted or rejected =[

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Unfortunately I didn't get the email. Instead I got a review process update email? This is what it said "This is an informal email as I wanted to keep you updated with our process. Unfortunately, our Admissions Committee was not able to finish reviewing all of the interview files before our offices depart for the winter break. They will be meeting during the first week in January to pick up where they left and you should expect a decision then. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me." I think this means I am either waitlisted or rejected =[

I disagree; I think it means exactly as it is stated. They did not have enough time to review all applications today...so they will just resume once winter break is over.

If you were waitlisted or rejected, they would tell you. I know the wait over the break will suck, but keep your head up! :thumbup:

I disagree; I think it means exactly as it is stated. They did not have enough time to review all applications today...so they will just resume once winter break is over.

If you were waitlisted or rejected, they would tell you. I know the wait over the break will suck, but keep your head up! :thumbup:

I agree with this, maybe they are doing this from the time you interviewed. When did you do yours? that can give us a time frame to see if it's true.

I interviewed on Dec 8th, and I see that many of you guys who interviewed on the 8th got in so I'm guessing they probably looked over my file already and decided already but just dragging it out?

I interviewed on Dec 8th, and I see that many of you guys who interviewed on the 8th got in so I'm guessing they probably looked over my file already and decided already but just dragging it out?

I wouldn't be discouraged or think that they're just delaying a response. The office closes at 4:00 pm HST, and with the magnitude of applicants/interviews they received, they most likely weren't able to get to each applicant in time.

Enjoy your time while you wait for them to reopen in January :)

Gosh...I feel like I'm the only one who received this! So sad...lol

OMG. Got my acceptance email today too.

Interviewed on 12/7 at 2:00pm
Accepted on 12/14

Stoked for the Island life. :xf:
Happy Holidays everyone. :)

:) I just got accepted today! :) interviewed with Dr. Batz on Sunday the 9 th :)

I thought I did well? But then again I could have been giving myself more credit than I should? And yea I practiced with those questions on SDN. I don't know whats going on! Is anyone else in the same situation as me?

I thought I did well? But then again I could have been giving myself more credit than I should? And yea I practiced with those questions on SDN. I don't know whats going on! Is anyone else in the same situation as me?

Sorry to hear they are putting you through a long wait over winter break. If you practiced those questions, you should've done fine on the interview. And I know academically your qualified already since you got the interview in the first place.

There was someone last year who was put on waitlist, but got accepted a few months later. Lets hope for the best and their e-mail is true about not finishing up the remainder pile.

BTW: What does your first and last name start with (Initial)? maybe they are doing it alphabetically?

Is this your top school? Have you applied to any others?/Have interviews for any others?

By the way, for those of you who have been accepted. Do you guys have any pets? Are you bringing them with you? I have a Yorkie, and am planning on bringing him along for the ride. I heard the rules are strict though.

Sorry to hear they are putting you through a long wait over winter break. If you practiced those questions, you should've done fine on the interview. And I know academically your qualified already since you got the interview in the first place.

There was someone last year who was put on waitlist, but got accepted a few months later. Lets hope for the best and their e-mail is true about not finishing up the remainder pile.

BTW: What does your first and last name start with (Initial)? maybe they are doing it alphabetically?

Is this your top school? Have you applied to any others?/Have interviews for any others?

I hope I am qualified academically because my gpa is not the greatest! I would be happy to even be on the waitlist! =[ Could there possibly even be a waitlist this early because we were in the first round of interviews? How does rejection work after interview? I've never heard anyone who experienced rejection after interview before, I know there has to be those who are not accepted right? My initial = RN Yes this is my top school! I really want to go to Hilo! I've applied elsewhere and have two other interviews coming up but Hilo was my first one!

I hope I am qualified academically because my gpa is not the greatest! I would be happy to even be on the waitlist! =[ Could there possibly even be a waitlist this early because we were in the first round of interviews? How does rejection work after interview? I've never heard anyone who experienced rejection after interview before, I know there has to be those who are not accepted right? My initial = RN Yes this is my top school! I really want to go to Hilo! I've applied elsewhere and have two other interviews coming up but Hilo was my first one!

This is actually the 2nd round of interview. they have early acceptance (back in October). They do have a waitlist according to last years thread.

Your initials are in the middle, mine is AT and I've met a P_ so they're not doing it by first or last name.

Just make sure to do well on the other interviews as a back up!

Hilo accept students all the way till the end of July i think! So you should be good!

O yea, sorry what I meant to say was we are first round for normal admissions? I was reading last year's thread and most students who were waitlisted seem to be later in the year after their Jan/Feb interview. Yea I figured they aren't doing it alphabetically because a friend of mine with initials VN got in as well. Maybe they are doing it by the time you turn in your applications + supplementals? When did you submit everything?

O yea, sorry what I meant to say was we are first round for normal admissions? I was reading last year's thread and most students who were waitlisted seem to be later in the year after their Jan/Feb interview. Yea I figured they aren't doing it alphabetically because a friend of mine with initials VN got in as well. Maybe they are doing it by the time you turn in your applications + supplementals? When did you submit everything?

I submitted my application: 9/17 (pharmcas mailed out 10/10)
secondary was submitted: 10/18
interview invite: 10/31

I submitted my application: 9/17 (pharmcas mailed out 10/10)
secondary was submitted: 10/18
interview invite: 10/31

oh ok for me:
submitted pharmcas app: mid sept
Pharmcas mailed out: 10/20
Completed app + supplemental received: 11/01
Interview invite: 11/14

I wonder if they are doing it by application submissions?

By the way, for those of you who have been accepted. Do you guys have any pets? Are you bringing them with you? I have a Yorkie, and am planning on bringing him along for the ride. I heard the rules are strict though.

I am bringing my 55 pound blue nose. A current student said you should give your dog the rabies titer done ASAP because that's what makes it take the longest. They do have to be quarantined for a few weeks as Hawai'i is rabies-free and its to make sure your pet does not bring any foreign diseases to the state.

It will be his first time flying, and he acts tough but is really a weenie. I am kinda scared for him haha.

While there, I'm looking to enroll him in some doggy day care/boarding places too -- I anticipate I'll be really busy with school so it could be a good outlet for him since he's super high-energy.

oh ok for me:

I don't think so, I sent in my stuff at the end of November.

I hope you will get great news by January and the wait will be all worth it. :thumbup:

oh ok for me:

I received the same e-mail. They are not reviewing in an order that is based off of interview date, first or last name, date of completed application, or PharmCAS submission. My guess is they're reviewing based on stats. I know the wait sucks, but if you didn't have a chance at getting accepted, they wouldn't have sent you that e-mail. There's not much for us to do now, except to enjoy the winter break!!

I received the same e-mail. They are not reviewing in an order that is based off of interview date, first or last name, date of completed application, or PharmCAS submission. My guess is they're reviewing based on stats. I know the wait sucks, but if you didn't have a chance at getting accepted, they wouldn't have sent you that e-mail. There's not much for us to do now, except to enjoy the winter break!!

Oh I'm so relieved to hear someone who is on the same boat as me! This makes me feel a lot better! And you could be right because my stats are pretty low! I'm probably down there in the stats list! How are your stats?

Oh I'm so relieved to hear someone who is on the same boat as me! This makes me feel a lot better! And you could be right because my stats are pretty low! I'm probably down there in the stats list! How are your stats?

Hahaa, I'm sure there were others that received the same e-mail. Overall, I'd say my stats are average.

My overall stats suck, but my recent stats show an upwards trend -- so by no means am I the shiniest apple in the bunch at a glance, but I do believe it is yummy once you take a bite and dig a little deeper.

I hope my analogy between stats and apples made sense. :)