1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

UH vs. Tech

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by R1234, Mar 12, 2007.

1. R1234

Pharmacy Student
    To all of those pharmacy students in both UH and Tech:

Please Help!! I recently interviewed at both of these schools earlier last month and I got the letter for admission last month from both of these two schools. since then, I looked closely at both of these programs and they both look like really good programs in my opinion. However I can't decide which one to choose. So someone please help me decide which school to choose.

For those of you who are UH or tech student, could you please tell me now that you are a student at either of these two schools, what you like about the program you in and things that you don't like about the program. may be this might help me make my decision. I appreciate all of your responses :thumbup:

2. Farmercyst

Farmercyst From the shadows
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Moved a/o school choice question.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jbuprepharm

Jbuprepharm The Poopsmith
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    If you want the most rigorous clinical education (for better or worse) in the state, (based on rotational hours, etc.), then come to Tech. I can't speak for UH, I know very little about them (except that are a solid school). I know that at Tech you will receive an excellent education, and will be preferred by most every hospital in the state for clinical positions based on the performance of prior Tech grads. If you know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you have 0 desire to do anything clinically related or anything of that nature, then Tech may not be the best fit for you. But if you have an inkling that you may want to do something health-system related, Tech should be your choice.

Ok, advertisment off. I'm only doing this because I don't want to study for our 1 millionth test in the last week and a half. School sucks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pharmacistUH

pharmacistUH Eat 'Em Up Coogs!
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    UH is just as good as Tech. The main reason I chose UH and not Tech is because Tech is way far away from home, in the middle of nowhere, and UH is in the Texas Medical Center (One of the best medical centers in the world). It all depends on what city you like best, in my opinion. You will get into a hospital just as easily from UH as you will from Tech, I have no idea what this guy is saying because all pharmacists have to pass the NAPLEX exam, and it's the same for everyone in the state. Not trying to bash Tech or anything, but the TMC is a GREAT place to go if you wanna go clinical.

5. Jbuprepharm

Jbuprepharm The Poopsmith
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'm not bashing UH and I don't think you're bashing Tech, but I know for a fact, that if you want a job in the DFW area, like at Harris Methodist, they seek out Tech grads first. I'm sure there are hospitals in the Houston area that prefer UH and Austin that prefer UT.

It's all personal preference, and as I stated, I know very little of UH.