UH w/ Scholarship vs UTMB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lakers2023Champs

Reaction score
Hi y'all I was wondering if you could share me your input on choosing between 2 med schools. I prematched to both UH, newer MD school in tx (they opened in 2020 and haven’t had a graduating class for me to see their match list) and UTMB.

I was certain on going to UTMB, but UH just awarded me a full ride scholarship, and now I’m confused. I was wondering does the med school name/history matter for further sub-specialties after an internal med residency. I’m really intrigued by cardiology and oncology and was wondering if the med school would make a difference in pursuing either of these.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have multiple friends at UH College of Medicine and they love it. They have also been able to participate in research in competitive fields. I think a full-ride is an awesome opportunity.. congratulations either way!!

Reactions: 1 users
Update: Ended up going w/ UTMB, because of the lack of a match list for me to currently see how UH places their students

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: Ended up going w/ UTMB, because of the lack of a match list for me to currently see how UH places their students
hopefully UTMB will offer you some nice financial aid!!

Reactions: 1 user
hopefully UTMB will offer you some nice financial aid!!
Yes hoping that will happen fingers crossed but also realized how lucky I am to be a TX resident and receive in-state tuition. Once I changed my perspective from how expensive UTMB is relative to the full ride UH offered me to UTMB is reputable program for only 25k/yr relative to other programs outside of TX, I knew it was best for me to take UTMB. :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users