MD uh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyth

Reaction score
Hello! this is my first post so I am sorry if anything I have posted isn't in line with SDN/WAMC guidelines. Thank you for taking the time to review my application! I had already gotten my primary verified in June and was waiting for my MCAT score that came out recently. I understand I am kind of late to the application game, so I wanted to ask for your opinions on my school list. Again thank you so much for looking at my app, and I apologize for any late replies/improper posting.

1. cGPA/sGPA: 3.91 cGPA, 3.97 sGPA, 4.0 graduate GPA (BS: Molecular Bio, MS: Gen Bio [4+1 program done in 3+1])
2. MCAT: 514 (129/129/128/128) (I was scoring 518-522 in practice tests but dropped the ball during the actual exam)
3. State of residence: Utah
4. Ethnicity and/or race: Asian (Paki)
5. Undergraduate institution: UC school (mid-tier)

6. Clinical Experience:
254 hours hospital volunteering (ED/neuro/trauma)
143 hours at a neurology clinic internship (was able to shadow multiple physicians while also helping w patient therapy)

7. Research and productivity
- 2500 hours in one lab (Normal research/Honors Thesis/Masters Thesis) over 4 years, no pubs/posters
- 2000 hours in a clinical research position over 2 years, 2 manuscripts in works soon to be published (4th author for one, 2nd for another). A large amount of the hours are from patient interaction. Also referenced that this position's main research topic is something I hope to continue in medical school.
- Education paper manuscript in works soon to be published (1st author)
- 160 hours as a clinical research coordinator at a company over 2 months

8. Shadowing experience and specialties:
- 90 hours split between outpatient cardiology, neurosurgery, and general surgery

9. Non-clinical volunteering
- 450 hours with a non-profit I helped create over 2 years (was VP during this time as well)
- 250 hours with low-income/disadvantaged students

10. Other extracurricular activities
- 770 hours as a TA over 1.5 years
- 550 hours as Technical Director for a theater organization over 3 years
- Participated in an international theatrical performance at the largest arts festival in the world
- created a cooking club (lasted for 8 months then stopped due to COVID)
- I put weight/power lifting as a hobby on my primary (not-competitve)

11. Relevant honors or awards
- Nothing other than deans list

12. Anything else not listed you think might be important
- I am entering a Statistics masters program currently during my gap year (1 yr program, my other MS degree was very inexpensive so I wanted to pursue one of my passions while I still had a good income)
- I know my LOR are very strong and have talked extensively with the writers.

13. Current School List (Honestly having a very difficult time with this and any critique would be amazing)
Mt Sinai
Dartmouth
UCSF
Kaiser
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Tulane
Rochester
Einstein
Western Michigan
Vanderbilt

Again, thank you so much for reviewing my application. I appreciate any advice or feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

You should add your state school Utah. Also consider these:
TCU-UNT
St. Louis
Georgetown
Jefferson
Cincinnati
Hofstra
Pittsburgh
Tufts
Boston University
Miami

You should add your state school Utah. Also consider these:
TCU-UNT
St. Louis
Georgetown
Jefferson
Cincinnati
Hofstra
Pittsburgh
Tufts
Boston University
Miami
Thank you! Should I remove any from my list? I know there are many reaches in terms of MCAT

Status
Not open for further replies.