You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UHCO/Houston pics
Started by HighlyFanatic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, Congrats on the good news! That's wicked to hear... and thanx for posting those pix! So it looks like you're Houston- bound eh? That's great ... but I guess no more WEM, no more Whyte Ave, and no more Earl's... ahhh well... I'M SURE YOU'LL GET OVER IT BEFORE YOU EVEN GET OFF THE PLANE!!! 😀 😀 😎
HighlyFanatic,
congrats on Houston!
I cancelled my interview with Houston as I knew I wanted to live in Boston. (personal reasons). I have several friends that go to school there, I think ( actually, I know) you'll have an amazing time! Houston itself has a lot of energy academically and socially; and whether you knew this or not: UHCO is very strong when it comes to broadening the scope of optometry....
good luck !
we all secretly hoped you'd get in.....
anothertony
congrats on Houston!
I cancelled my interview with Houston as I knew I wanted to live in Boston. (personal reasons). I have several friends that go to school there, I think ( actually, I know) you'll have an amazing time! Houston itself has a lot of energy academically and socially; and whether you knew this or not: UHCO is very strong when it comes to broadening the scope of optometry....
good luck !
we all secretly hoped you'd get in.....
anothertony
Originally posted by silverandblack
Hey, Congrats on the good news! That's wicked to hear... and thanx for posting those pix! So it looks like you're Houston- bound eh? That's great ... but I guess no more WEM, no more Whyte Ave, and no more Earl's... ahhh well... I'M SURE YOU'LL GET OVER IT BEFORE YOU EVEN GET OFF THE PLANE!!! 😀 😀 😎
First off congratulations to HF on acceptance. I can't believe how much I miss Edmonton. I wasn't a huge civic supporter when I was there but Boston Pizza, Whyte, the U of A, Tim Horton's, and so on and so forth are deeply missed. I'm going on year 6 in the US (came for school and never left) with no permanent return to E'town in the forseeable future. Get your fill while you're still there with the huge loans needed for school and the disparity in dollars a lot of Canadians end up staying down here. (Unless you're really set on being in a U.S. school seriously consider Waterloo - I never even applied there and regret that to this day. Thank God I got a wife out of the deal or I'd really be kicking myself for not staying in Canada.)
The best part was standing in Dr Jackson's office when she tried to call !!!
CONGRATS HF !!!
welcome to super bowl town!!
CONGRATS HF !!!
welcome to super bowl town!!
Congratlulations!!!!!!Originally posted by HighlyFanatic
btw, i just found out i got accepted at UHCO 🙂
😀 thx y'all 😳
xmattODx & silvernblack, i will miss edmonton a lot no doubts, especially the summers on whyte av for sure.
anothertony, your right about UHCO. even if we cant goto the same school, hey at least we'r the class of 2008, thats gotta be worth somethin. (sweet name)
michelle! wooohoo...school of my choice 😀
xmattODx & silvernblack, i will miss edmonton a lot no doubts, especially the summers on whyte av for sure.
anothertony, your right about UHCO. even if we cant goto the same school, hey at least we'r the class of 2008, thats gotta be worth somethin. (sweet name)
michelle! wooohoo...school of my choice 😀
Hey hey Congrats T-man!!!!!
it's all good!! You got in your #1 choice! Hope i will hear from my #1 choice soon 😎

it's all good!! You got in your #1 choice! Hope i will hear from my #1 choice soon 😎

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by eyedream82
Hope i will hear from my #1 choice soon 😎
![]()
i got my fingers crossed 😀
Similar threads
D
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K
D
D
- Replies
- 40
- Views
- 14K