UHCO, SCO, & NOVA 3rd & 4th years

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ben Chudner

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
During the upcomming fall, I will be traveling to your schools to give a lecture on behalf of Ciba. Rather than bore you with stuff that does not interest you, I would like to give you the opportunity to help shape the talk. In order to make the discussion more fun, we will be bringing keypads to allow you to anonymously answer questions (similar to trivia games in bars). We will be able to post the results of your answers immediately and then we will discuss them.

I think this is a big opportunity for you to get answers to questions that you may not be able to get from optometry professors about the profession of optometry. Some of the topics we are going to include are how to make contact lenses profitable, the differences between private practice and other modes, and how to incorporate the medical model into an optometric practice. I am sure there are many other things you would like to hear about. Please let me hear from you, so I can make this both entertaining and informational.

Thanks.

Ben Chudner, OD, FAAO

Members don't see this ad.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what does ciba stand for?

stompy said:
I hope you don't mind me asking, but what does ciba stand for?
Ciba is the contact lens division of Novartis. Some of their products include Focus Night & Day, O2Optix, Freshlook, and Focus Dailies. They also sell contact lens solutions such as Aquify and Solo Care.