UHS Class of 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
U

usbatory

Hey kids,

I was accepted into UHS this week, I interviewed on 26 Jan, and heard a lot of other people talking about this website. I guess I am trying to track down who got in, and open a forum to talk about where we are going to live, transitioning into school life, and the KC area in general. Any input?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations usbatory!

I bet you're thrilled on your acceptance to UHS (I know I was)! I interviewed back in September and got accepted shortly thereafter. So, what do you think/like about UHS? I think that the faculty was really nice (didn't make you feel like you were on a butcher's block with your head about to be lopped off like some of the MD interviews). I also thought the facilities were state-of-the-art (especially the anatomy and micro labs). As far as KC, it is a great city. I live about 2 1/2 hrs. directly south, so I've visited there often. I think that quite a few UHS med students live north of the river (about 15-20 minutes away from school) in apartment complexes like Bennington Ridge and Falcon Point. Also, the University Towers is across the street from the school (I'm told), but I've heard the rooms are pretty small. I got to go study, so hear from you later.

-Nathan Box

Let me offer some help...

Many 1st years lived North of the river and then moved to other spots around the city in their 2nd year (by KU med center, Westport, etc) I chose to live in Westport my first year and Brookside my second year.
If you are single and you only want a studio, lots of people lived in University Towers, located about 5 minutes away. But alot of them tended to complain about it later!
Other studio's are found in the River market area...and if you have the money I would DEFINITELY live there. Cool lofts.
Whatever you do, get an alarm for your car and/or one of those locks for your steering wheel. Parking at UHS can lead to upsetting break-ins!

ewagner MSIII
uhs

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
How's everyone doing? The weather here in San Diego is quite horrible right now. Yet I am sure things are worse in KC. Is everyone excited about UHS? I still need to find a place to live so it looks like I will be heading to KC in March or April. If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected]. Other than that, I hope there will be more posters from future UHSers.

Calvin

I am also excited to be going to UHS this fall. My wife and I will are planning to buy a house so we will be out there in April and then move sometime in July. I've only been to KC once, but my understanding is that anywhere in Johnson Co. is a good place to buy. Does anyone know if there are other go