UHS-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
During my visit to UHS-COM I was very impressed with the school. I have been accepted and am currently trying to make my decision. For those currently attending, or those who have a good perspective, is the school as good as it seemed during the interview/tour/campus visit? Are you happy at UHS and your decision to attend the school? Is KC a nice place to live? Your reply is GREATLY appreciated.

MT

Members don't see this ad.

I am not a student, but do live in K.C. and love it! I have been accpeted to UHS and am only deciding between UHS and CCOM. Did you interview at CCOM? If you did, what did you think?

I'm a third yr at UHS and I've been pretty satisfied with my decision to attend the
school. The facilities are state of the art and probably the nicest you'll find.
In general, the faculty is outstanding. The majority are great teachers and eager
to help students any way they can. When it comes to the boards, we did pretty well.
The natl pass rate was 94% and at UHS it was 97.1%. Also, the natl mean score was
514 and at UHS it was 530.

However, as with any school, there are some negatives. Parking is a mess and there
aren't enough study rooms to go around (not a problem if you study mainly at home).
Also, rotation sites are distributed by lottery. This really isn't a problem unless
you want to stay in KC. In my class there were 80 of us that wanted KC, but only 50
slots. They are trying to secure more local positions so in the future this may not
be an issue. Even so, in the end, most people got their desired site (there are sites
in KS, MO, FL, Mich, CO, NJ, NY and some others that I can't remember). Finally, alot
of people are concerned with the location of the school. Although the campus itself
is beautiful, it is in a bad part of town. However, security is onsite 24 hrs a day
and I never had any problems. I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any
other questions.

Deb
UHSCOM