1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

UHS interview questions??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MCWIHEA, Oct 7, 2002.

1. MCWIHEA

MCWIHEA Member
    10+ Year Member

For those of you who already interviewed at UHS, could you list some of the questions they asked??? I haven't seen a link on this yet. I interview there this Wed, Oct 9th!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FarmGirl

FarmGirl Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Cool!! I interview at UHS on the 9th as well. Are there any other SDNers interview at UHS the same day?

4. Racoon155

Racoon155 Member
    7+ Year Member

I just returned from an interview there not over 3 hours ago and the best thing that I can tell you is to just relax! I know that is easier said than done but this interview will be the most laid back one you will ever have. I was the very last person to be interviewed out of 20 so I had the opportunity to quiz each person as they returned. The overwhelming reponse is that the interview was purely conversational. It is a chance for them to get to know you as person. I was asked "Tell me about yourself", "What kind of practice do you picture yourself having", etc. The most challenging question I received was "Tell us about an ethical situation that you observed during your employement at XYZ hospital".
    Seriously, don't freak over this one! From what I understand, if you have recieved an interview, then they are interested in you. It is just a chance for you to view the school and see if it is a good fit for you. I was told directly by someone there that UHS simply doesn't want to waste the time interviewing a thousand people from which the vast majority would not be accepted. Acceptance rate for inteviewees is close to 90%, so you're almost in! Good Luck to both of you and let us know how it goes!

P.S. I was very impressed with the school and would attend if accepted.

5. Doctor Peloncito

Doctor Peloncito Family Physician
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm interviewing on 11/20. Was the interview open or closed file? Could those of you who have interviewed fill out the interview feedback?

Thanks,

Russell