UHS interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fingerstick

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interviewing at UHS on Mon.! Any pointers? And does Dr. Butterworth really talk to each applicant? I live in OP, so I don't need a hotel or anything, but some of these ethical ?'s I keep hearing they ask have me stumped.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just relax, it's a really nice experience. I don't think Dr. Butterworth talks to every applicant. She was one of my interviewers though. She was very nice but she does like to pick your brain and see how you tick.

Don't let Butterworth intimidate you.

She is really a sweet woman once you really talk to her.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a second year student at UHS. Be prepared to really enjoy your interview day. I'm sure you've heard it all, so I won't say too much more. It's a relaxing day. It's your chance to check out UHS, the campus, the faculty, and especially the students. Keep your eyes and ears open and decide by the end of the day if you'd like to be at UHS. The interview is very conversational. Dr. Butterworth is an interviewer, but she does not talk to all students. Don't let the ethical type questions stump you. Tell them your ideas and stick with your idea even if they appear to disagree with you.

Again, have fun!

I'm originally from Olathe, so I know the situation you're in coming from Overland Park....UHS would be ideal (aside from the financial burdens you'll end up with).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hey, The interview I had back in Dec. was very laid back. There was even some laughing going on in my interview. Your best bet is to stay relaxed and be outgoing to the interviewers. I have had a couple interviews and decided to accept to UHS. I currently live in Illinois, but grew up in Olathe. This is going to be a homecoming for me. Just enjoy your interview, if that is possible. Good luck!

Hey..I interviewed and got accepted back in October. It was a great time. Just Relax..If you make it to the interview you are pretty much set.. they only give out interviews to people they really want. They just want to see if you fit the school and have a good personality. Don't worry about Dr. Butterworth she was one of my interviewers and was a really nice lady. She will ask some tough questions (I had several tough ethical questions) but just make sure you don't get intimidated and stick to your answer becaues she will challenge your answers. Make sure you check out all the interview feedback on SDN .Good Luck !

Thanks for all the replies! I'm 'on hold' at KU, but really think that UHS seems to be a much better fit, money or no money. I'm really getting nervous now, need to go refresh my DO history.
Thanks again, and hope to join you all there next year!
fingerstick

Good luck to you, I think Butterworth asked me the same questions in 97...a ventilator question. The answer is "keep the patient on the ventilator and bag the patient when he/she comes in"

;)