UHS, PCOM or COMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peachy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to seven DO schools,and have narrowed my decision down to these three schools, but I can not decide between all of them. If any current students or pre-med students haev any input, please let me know. Thank you all

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted to all three of those schools, plus UNECOM and KCOM. I am going to COMP. The fact that its in California was important because that's where I'm from. The grads get good residencies from notch med schools like UCSF, UC Davis, UCI, and Loma Linda. They have a new curriculum that I was impressed with during the interview. Hopefully the new library is nice because i didn't like the fact that there was not place to study late at night. The student:cadaver ration is 4:1, which is alot lower that UHS and PCOM. For me, it was a hard decision between COMP and UNECOM. I loved UNECOM, but the ethnic diversity was not great.

Originally posted by peachy:
I was accepted to seven DO schools,and have narrowed my decision down to these three schools, but I can not decide between all of them. If any current students or pre-med students haev any input, please let me know. Thank you all

Accepted to seven schools? That's great.. congratulations! It sounds like you'll have to make some decisions pretty soon, but it's good that you narrowed your choices down to three. At this point, I guess you have to consider which school/environment/resources will help you achieve your goals in terms of becoming the doctor you'd like to become. Take into account what you've learned about the faculty, curriculum, and general information about the schools and see if that provides any guidance. I guess your general impression of each school during your interview day should be taken into account slightly, but sometimes people have bad experiences that aren't the norm. Look five years into the future when it comes to considering possible specialties and residencies. Finally, this is somewhere you'll be staying for the next four years... and it could be a LONG four years for all of us, so think if you'll be happy living in a certain region of the U.S. in whatever setting the school or apartments are located in.
I recall the staff at COMP mentioning sitting around the fireplace in December with acceptance letters fanned out.. I'm not quite that lucky, but I've been blessed with one acceptance so far that I'm more than happy with. Good luck with your decisions!