Uhs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

september90

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow future UHS students,

Just wondering if anyone has a good line on housing away from campus. We are looking for something close to 1000 Sq. feet, 2 bedrooms and in a relatively safe area. Anything come to mind? Well, please let me know if you have any useful info. come to mind.

Thanks,

Dave

Members don't see this ad.

Mission, Kansas, Foxridge drive.......Take I-35 South from school to Lamar exit. Turn left at the stop sign, then right at the light. This is foxridge drive drive back about 1/2 mile and there are a bunch of nice affordable places back there. It is real safe and 15 minutes in rush hour to school. No ice covered bridges to cross like north of the river and a REAL nice area.

What are the names of the complexes in this area? I would like to run a search on them. Thanks

Vanessa

Members don't see this ad :)
BUY! If you are married (and I'm assuming you are by the "we" in your post), then you would do yourself a favor to buy a house. The mortgage (with taxes and insurance) won't be much more than a decent apartment. This is what I'm doing. I am lucky, though, to have parents who are willing to help with the down payment, etc. They will be the owners on paper and will "rent" to us. I'm concentrating on the Park Hill, MO area, and the Johnson County, KS area.

Good Luck,

Russell

Heritage hills
wellington club
silverwood
foxfire
lamar place
the falls
Buying is risky in KC because if you match somewhere else (not in KC) you are under the gun to sell it and may not be able to. Making two payments a month, that would suck. But it would be a real good deal if you stay in KC.

The rental market (for houses) seems so inflated though, that you could actually make money by renting out (if I match somewhere else). And if I do have to sell, well, then at least I will have saved several thousand dollars pumping money into someone else's pocket.