uic acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc_mgeeta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi impression,

it was really nice of u to reply me bcak ......well i haven't been called for an interview.......if u dont mind can u share ur ndbe score,gpa and ur interview exp.......i hope that u get a positive response asap.......and i am still waiting for them to contact me ....yes can u please tell me when were u interviewed?.......wld really appreciate ur help...thankx.

Members don't see this ad.

hi doc_mgeeta,
i think there interview sessions are over.i was told that they will inform me by phone if i am accepted from dates between march 15 th and march 19th. today is the last day to recieve information if that is true.if they made the decisions they might already informed all of them by now(since its through phone and also they need to call only 18 of them:confused: . i dont know any thing about the waiting list....... anyway my gpa is 2.9,ndb score 87(part 1)toefl 259. this is the only place i got an interview call. i applied to nyu and bu, but got rejected. may be because of my low gpa:mad: :mad: i now even lost my hope in UIC. i graduated in 1990 and how these people can compaire a gpa from 1990 with a gpa from a fresh student. as you know gpas and ndb scores are getting higher every year as the competion increases.its fair that you can look into the ndb scores since it can be improved.
mgeeta, i expect you to share your experience and scores if you dont mind.
thanks
impression

Members don't see this ad :)
Impression and doc_mgeeta

Are you both Illinois residents? Because I think I remember reading somewhere that state residents is either a requirement or a plus to get admision into UIC's IDP. Maybe that was a factor.

btw, welcome and good luck.

hello impression,

well to be honest i was disappointed to know that the interviews r over anyways not much that i can do......well my ndbe score is 91 and gpa is 3.72.....toefl score is 260......believe it or not they didnt even call me for an inetrview.....one more thing i wld like to know from u is r u a green holder?.......i think that matters alot coz my GC is in process i dont have it as yet.....anyways its too late now.....i hope that u will rcv a call today.....

hi meggs,

i think u r right....being a illinois resident does matter a lot...but the thruth is when i had called up before submitting the application they had told me that i wld be considered at par with a GC holder though its in process but the truthy is something diff...anyways its too late now....thankx for replying.....cangratz to u .

hi henna,

thankx for the welcome.....and congratz to u.

hi meggs,
i am an illinois resident.even that is not helping me,may be i am dump:smuggrin: :rolleyes: i dont know what else to study to get a decent job. i am new to this forum. i am trying to read the previous treads. is there any tread showing some alternative career pathways to a foregin trained dentist.?i am getting older and i cant wait longer to get into dental schools ,ofcourse nobody invited me to this country.can i use my ndb score(part 1 87) for applying any other studies like research in dentistry or non clinical dental programs. (because i struggled a lot to get that score) i studied for 5 months to get that. i dont want to waste it. but i dont have any intention to apply to advanced standing programs in the future too..since it will be more tougher next year.so please suggest me some alternatives
impression

I know we have talked about this before, but I don't remember when or in which thread.

But the fact that you're interested in research as an option is good, because not everybody is willing to.

I don't know for sure, so don't take my word for it, but I will think that "not so popular" specialty courses like Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, Oral Physiology or Biology, etc. will be easier to get admitted to, than to other more popular courses. And probably dental schools here need more teachers in this area.

So, maybe take a look at those programs, but chances are they'll require even more studies than regular IDPs and ortho and endo, because they prepare towards research and academics.

Also, try to locate some thread that mommyr started about other options. I don't remember the name.

Good luck.

hi doc_mgeeta,
i know atleast 2 of the candidates came for interview have there green card in process, but with such a great gpa and ndb scores you will get into better schools than UIC. as you know they dont offer degree...with your status i am sure that you will get into a reputed program like upenn and boston and also in the west coast schools. hey , did you took the part 1 in dec 03? is your application late to UIC?how many schools you applied? did you get interview calls from any other schools, (NYU?????). just curious.i dont know i can ask questions like this?i just read a message from some body that its not fair to ask questions in this forum ,especially about scores. so if you are ok to reply my questions, welcome
thanks doc
impression

hi doc_mgeeta,
i know atleast 2 of the candidates came for interview have there green card in process, but with such a great gpa and ndb scores you will get into better schools than UIC. as you know they dont offer degree...with your status i am sure that you will get into a reputed program like upenn and boston and also in the west coast schools. hey , did you took the part 1 in dec 03? is your application late to UIC?how many schools you applied? did you get interview calls from any other schools, (NYU?????). just curious.i dont know i can ask questions like this?i just read a message from some body that its not fair to ask questions in this forum ,especially about scores. share only infromations which you are happy to share
thanks doc
impression

hi meggs,
thanks for your information, you are fast...i called some of the schools today and most schools need GRE. what a crap?????its like never ending standardised tests...... i dont have a good job and spending all my money for these tests.it needs another 6 months in my life to prepare for gre??now i understand how bad the situation for international dentists. i dont know why they make it so hard for dentists??? for medical graduates its more easiler to get into some residenciey program and the good part of it is that they dont need to pay the tution too. i guess they will get paid. why not dentists???? is the dentistry so advanced here????is there more stuffs to learn here in dentistry??are we underqualified???i understand from previous threads that you got into uop,good job!!! all the best for your future studies.you are very lucky and smart. keep it up
impressions....

Hi Mgeeta,
Just thought i;ll let u know that i'm from BVP, Pune too. ANd probably i'm ur junior. I'm trying to place u but i cant . So do reply back so that we can get in touch.My e-mail is [email protected].
hope to hear from u soon.
thanks.

hi impression and doc_mgeeta,
i am sorry you did not hear from UIC.i am sorry i could not reply early as i mentioned i have problems with my computer.doc_mgeeta i think you have great stats.i think people in UIC are looking for green card holders.my stats are part-1-92.gpa-2.87 and toefl-280.

anyway i want to tell about my interview experience at UIC as it might be useful for someone in the future:
the interview in UIC is stressful.it is not like all the other interviews.i was asked a lot of clinical questions.first they asked me how i came to know about the program and my work experience and a few general questions about where i live etc etc.then they gave me typhodont models with class-2 cavity preparations and inlays and a crown and bridge work and asked me to point out the mistakes and what would i do to correct them.
then they gave me a text book and asked me to read out a paragraph and later give them a synopsis in my own words.
they also asked some questions about hypothetical patients(cariovascular patients etc) and asked me how i would treat them.
this is as far as i remember about the interview.if i remember anything later i will add it.all together the interview went on for 1 hour and it was vey stressful.

hope this will help people appearing for the interview in the future.take care everyone.
:clap: :) :D :clap:

hi smitha,
i also had interview there, but i did not hear from them.they told me they will call me by phone if accepted. so i guess i am not accepted. is there any waiting lists?with such i great score did you get accepted any were else.?
honest

hi honest dentist,
i think they might have a waiting list. i think maybe if the accepted people do not pay the non refundable deposit by the deadline some more seats might be available.i live in chicago.so this is the only interview i attended as i wanted to stay in chicago with family.