UIC DMDAS 2021-2022 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSaspirant1

Reaction score
Has anyone been called for an interview from UIC for the DMDAS 2021-2022 application cycle yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Do we get Toefl report sent to UIC undergraduate or graduate!! Can someone tell me please??

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been called for an interview from UIC for the DMDAS 2021-2022 application cycle yet?
I know someone who had an interview last week, and was told to anticipate a response in July. Unsure when they completed their application.

My completion was March 11, and I've not heard anything yet.

I know someone who had an interview last week, and was told to anticipate a response in July. Unsure when they completed their application.

My completion was March 11, and I've not heard anything yet.
What were your application scores??

There has been almost 20-30 students that have been interviewed in 2 badges so far

Yea I did. Interviewed last month. They will send their response between July n early Aug

Yea I did. Interviewed last month. They will send their response between July n early Aug
I got interviewed on May 12 but didn’t get any response. I know for sure that they have sent a lot of acceptances already. Some have denied and accepted UPenn. they recently interviewed one of my friends on July 6th. I am not sure if they are already done or we can still expect an acceptance.

Hey everyone! has anyone gotten news from UIC? Did anyone attend the July 8 session with current residents?

Hey everyone! has anyone gotten news from UIC? Did anyone attend the July 8 session with current residents?
I attended the one in June. No news yet 😥. When did you get interviewed?

I attended the one in June. No news yet 😥. When did you get interviewed?
I had my first interview on June 7 but I’ve taken an offer from Penn Dental, best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
I had my first interview on June 7 but I’ve taken an offer from Penn Dental, best of luck to you!
Hey congratssss for UPenn acceptance!!!! Did you get the acceptance from UIC as well? If yes then when did you get it?

Hey congratssss for UPenn acceptance!!!! Did you get the acceptance from UIC as well? If yes then when did you get it?
Hey there! Thank you! I got waitlisted at UIC last Friday but UPenn was my number one choice so we’re all pretty exited for what’s next! How about you? Any news?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there! Thank you! I got waitlisted at UIC last Friday but UPenn was my number one choice so we’re all pretty exited for what’s next! How about you? Any news?
Nothing yet. I only got interviewed at UIC so far. Didn’t get waitlisted nor rejected. Haven’t heard anyone getting acceptance lately so maybe they are done 😿

Nothing yet. I only got interviewed at UIC so far. Didn’t get waitlisted nor rejected. Haven’t heard anyone getting acceptance lately so maybe they are done 😿
Stay positive! We where told they would let us know late July or early August so there’s still some time. Plus, other programs that start later will start interviewing later on. I got an invite for Indiana university last week to interview this week but I’m already headed to UPenn. Best of luck and I hope you find a spot!

Stay positive! We where told they would let us know late July or early August so there’s still some time. Plus, other programs that start later will start interviewing later on. I got an invite for Indiana university last week to interview this week but I’m already headed to UPenn. Best of luck and I hope you find a spot!
Would you mind sharing your profile? And how your interview with UIC went? Mine went ok according to me, but I think they didn’t like me enough 😟

Would you mind sharing your profile? And how your interview with UIC went? Mine went ok according to me, but I think they didn’t like me enough 😟
Hey there! My interview was ok I guess. I felt better about the one at UPenn, it was more friendly if that makes sense, UIC was harder in the sense that I feel I didn’t connect well enough with my interviewers. But I guess it’s all about perspective. In regards to my profile what are looking for specifically? I don’t think I have anything out of the ordinary if that helps. Any news on your end?

Hey there! My interview was ok I guess. I felt better about the one at UPenn, it was more friendly if that makes sense, UIC was harder in the sense that I feel I didn’t connect well enough with my interviewers. But I guess it’s all about perspective. In regards to my profile what are looking for specifically? I don’t think I have anything out of the ordinary if that helps. Any news on your end?
No nothing. I felt the same. And I have heard UPenn interviews were more friendly whereas UIC was very formal and superficial. I didn’t get a great feeling after my interview tbh but I didn’t miss anything and answered every question. I also have a very generic profile, fresh graduate, decent toefl score, one year of dental assisting. God knows what factors they count in decision making. 🙏🙏

No nothing. I felt the same. And I have heard UPenn interviews were more friendly whereas UIC was very formal and superficial. I didn’t get a great feeling after my interview tbh but I didn’t miss anything and answered every question. I also have a very generic profile, fresh graduate, decent toefl score, one year of dental assisting. God knows what factors they count in decision making. 🙏🙏
Yeah you never really know what the entire process looks like. Well as far as I know you should get notified about your status either way. Are you waiting on other schools? How many programs did you apply to?

Yeah you never really know what the entire process looks like. Well as far as I know you should get notified about your status either way. Are you waiting on other schools? How many programs did you apply to?
Didn’t apply to many. UIC, Buffalo, tufts, BU, MI and Oklahoma. So far nothing. UIC does not send rejection until December and the suspense is gonna kill me lol. But I guess patience is the key. Thanks for answering all my questions Doc! 😀😃😊

Didn’t apply to many. UIC, Buffalo, tufts, BU, MI and Oklahoma. So far nothing. UIC does not send rejection until December and the suspense is gonna kill me lol. But I guess patience is the key. Thanks for answering all my questions Doc! 😀😃😊
Now we play the waiting game! You’ll find a place don’t worry and no need to thank me, that’s what where all here for, to get some support. Good luck! 👍🏼

Is there WhatsApp group for accepted candidates?
Not a clue… I don’t use WhatsApp But I don’t remember where I heard about a Groupme for the university but haven’t found anything. I do t use Facebook either.

Well last year. I requested to defer a year. Now I’m trying to get into the group created this year for Class of 2024

Can we still expect acceptance even if we aren’t waitlisted? Any one knows anyone who had been in similar situation?

Hi everyone, I just read that paid dental assisting in this country is necessary to get an interview at UIC. I was wondering if everyone who has gotten an interview has experience in this? Thank you

Hi everyone, I just read that paid dental assisting in this country is necessary to get an interview at UIC. I was wondering if everyone who has gotten an interview has experience in this? Thank you
I don’t know if it’s a requirement or not , I don’t remember reading that anywhere but I have been working as a dental assistant on the US and I got an interview.

I don’t know if it’s a requirement or not , I don’t remember reading that anywhere but I have been working as a dental assistant on the US and I got an interview.
Ok thank you