UIC application 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Christydds..Since you have already got an admit from UMDNJ. you must be pretty relaxed.I think you ought to be more empathetic towards other people before posting such rumors...I just had an opportunity to talk to someone from UIC and they apologized for the confusing application complete e-mail they have sent to people.They did stress that its a rolling admission and they have sent out few interviews but haven't exhausted with the 100 IV calls till now as they yet, have to go through all the almost 400 applications which they have received.Guys keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!!!

PEACE!!!:xf:

thanks a lot for your positive and encouraging post! a post like that of christy dds is acceptable only if there is authentic source behind it ..otherwise please don't increase the anxiety of others unnecessarily.
just a small question - did they tell you any approximate date/week they will be sending out the next batch of IV's now? did you speak to Braulia or some current IDP student?
if you have some feedback it would be great ..and thank you once again!
cheers.

All the information comes from an an authorised personal..not a student.and tell me one school which let's you know the details as to what date they will start sending remaining interview calls?...guys please be sane when asking such questions..use the forum for right information not for satisfying your appetite for extreme details..Have patience and faith..
PEACE!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
All the information comes from an an authorised personal..not a student.and tell me one school which let's you know the details as to what date they will start sending remaining interview calls?...guys please be sane when asking such questions..use the forum for right information not for satisfying your appetite for extreme details..Have patience and faith..
PEACE!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

well, i dont think i asked any extreme detailed question ..if you read carefully i mentioned "approximate date/week" these details are very commonly discussed ,asked or speculated on this forum :) So please choose your words carefully before saying .."be sane"
what would be nice is that we take things in the right spirit when someone asks a question.
anyway ..thanks for your input!
peace!

Thanks for you posting. I think being healthy and enjoying our life is more important than any thing in this world. One of my friends got accepted at UCLA but died because of blood cancer. I know that all of us are worried about our future.I am 28 and I think there are some users in this forum who are older than me.we have to be patient and ask god to help us all.Never lose your hope guys.:thumbup:

thanks for posting:thumbup:

This interview process id so funny. I have never seen before :D

First iv's are on July 16th, right? good luck guys and give us your feedback after u done

i declined my seat in umdnj and colorado,because im living in chicago medical district,and im pretty sure that with my stats i'll get a seat in uic also...:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Bold move - Good luck and please post after the UIC results.

great christy great , and all the best for ur uic interview

for all those who are appearing for interview tomorrow - best of luck !
do share ur interview experience with us
and if possible plz ask Ms Braulia Espinosa or Ms Feller if they will be sending out more interviews ! tht wud be really helpful !

Members don't see this ad :)
i declined my seat in umdnj and colorado,because im living in chicago medical district,and im pretty sure that with my stats i'll get a seat in uic also...:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:
Christy : JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY
I dont quiet get it. If you didnt want seat in UMDNJ and COLORADO, why did you apply in d first place
:)

Can you please share your stats and experience information. May be we can use it as a benchmark.

Can you please share your stats and experience information. May be we can use it as a benchmark.

Those stats were posted twice already... Just search it!

Christy : JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY
I dont quiet get it. If you didnt want seat in UMDNJ and COLORADO, why did you apply in d first place
:)

Curious here too...

for all those who are appearing for interview tomorrow - best of luck !
do share ur interview experience with us
and if possible plz ask Ms Braulia Espinosa or Ms Feller if they will be sending out more interviews ! tht wud be really helpful !

I guess I saw about 6 people doing the tour before the IV today! Good luck to you all!

Hi Hope4,
Thankyou, i have searched but i could not see the GPA and details on experience. so just wanted to get some detailed information.

Hello everyone,
I had my interview today, so just wanted to give some feedback..It was a very stress free interview. Everyone was really really nice and they make you feel very comfortable. We had two one on one interviews with the faculty. We were not really asked any clinical questions. The rest of the day was the school tour, Financial aid advice, and we even got to meet some current IDDP students which was cool.... We were informed that they are planning to invite close to 120 students for the interview...Well thanks everyone for the wishes..and Best of luck to everyone too.....Cheers!!

ARE THERE GOING TO BE ANY MORE IV CALLS? OR IS UIC DONE WITH THE CALLS? any idea people? especially those who did their interviews

I think they are done. Another $150 application fee, $35 NBDE score report, $15 Toefl report, $240 CAAPID application fee wasted. :D

Hello everyone,
I had my interview today, so just wanted to give some feedback..It was a very stress free interview. Everyone was really really nice and they make you feel very comfortable. We had two one on one interviews with the faculty. We were not really asked any clinical questions. The rest of the day was the school tour, Financial aid advice, and we even got to meet some current IDDP students which was cool.... We were informed that they are planning to invite close to 120 students for the interview...Well thanks everyone for the wishes..and Best of luck to everyone too.....Cheers!!

Hi, Jyoth.. Congrats on ur IV...Wish you all the very best for ur future.. How many of you were interviewed in 1 day... How long (how many minutes) was the interview for each student... Thanks in advance..

Hello everyone,

thanks a ton for your feedback! its heartening to know there are still more and i hope we all get them very soon ... :xf:
wish you all the very best for your future :thumbup:

thanks a ton for your feedback! its heartening to know there are still more and i hope we all get them very soon ... :xf:
wish you all the very best for your future :thumbup:

Thanks Jyots! I really hope that we get more interviews!

Hi everyone! I saw another batch today (about 6-7 like yesterday). We were having a practical exam this morning on the lab (3rd floor), I waved good bye to you, I was on the first chair on black scrubs. Anyone from this batch here on SDN?

Hi, Jyoth.. Congrats on ur IV...Wish you all the very best for ur future.. How many of you were interviewed in 1 day... How long (how many minutes) was the interview for each student... Thanks in advance..
.....................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I saw another batch today (about 6-7 like yesterday). We were having a practical exam this morning on the lab (3rd floor), I waved good bye to you, I was on the first chair on black scrubs. Anyone from this batch here on SDN?

based on these numbers and the fact that someone had posted that he/she had an interview on 25th july (thats the last day I remember) , if they are conducting interviews on every working day ..they have already invited 48 candidates, if not more. Out of those only 9/10 are probably on sdn?

yes hope 4 u can do this, just see weather they interview 5-6 student every working days till 25th july then nbpoise might be right that they already issued 48 to 50 interviews. then we can expect another 50 inteviews.

based on these numbers and the fact that someone had posted that he/she had an interview on 25th july (thats the last day I remember) , if they are conducting interviews on every working day ..they have already invited 48 candidates, if not more. Out of those only 9/10 are probably on sdn?

good guess nbpoise

good guess nbpoise

I have a question. Wouldn't they reply if we email and ask them directly if they are sending more IV? I want to do this but not sure if its the right thing to do. That's why I thought I ask you guys first :confused:

molar5678 - hope its true.
rojaun - i am not sure as well.

hi,
can anyone give me information about uic college of dentistry please!
i mean any unique thing which makes the college stand out from other dental colleges. input regarding faculty ,curriculum, infrastructure or any special thing about the dental college.
i would really appreciate this. thanks

I too was keeping track of the interview dates on SDN ...the dates issued were, 16,17,23,25 and 27th of July. So 6-7 students/day ..it wud be around 35 students till date..but It cud be even more.. Hope there can be more in near future..or they are trying to fill the first 35 students on roll on basis and stop sending the IV calls as soon as they reach the number.... i mean its not mandatory for them to interview all 120 students, even if they were planning to... .... Thats my guess..

I too was keeping track of the interview dates on SDN ...the dates issued were, 16,17,23,25 and 27th of July. So 6-7 students/day ..it wud be around 35 students till date..but It cud be even more.. Hope there can be more in near future..or they are trying to fill the first 35 students on roll on basis and stop sending the IV calls as soon as they reach the number.... i mean its not mandatory for them to interview all 120 students, even if they were planning to... .... Thats my guess..

hmm..you know its becoming really confusing as days pass by...maybe what you say is also valid..but i doubt they will stop so soon..and if 27th is the last day ..they are done with almost 60 students.
i read on this forum somewhere that interview invites are random ..if they are ..how come the rest 60 of us don't even get a chance to interview..according to me there has to be some basis in the order of calling for interviews ( like better overall application/re applicants with improved applications)..dont you think?

hmm..you know its becoming really confusing as days pass by...maybe what you say is also valid..but i doubt they will stop so soon..and if 27th is the last day ..they are done with almost 60 students.
i read on this forum somewhere that interview invites are random ..if they are ..how come the rest 60 of us don't even get a chance to interview..according to me there has to be some basis in the order of calling for interviews ( like better overall application/re applicants with improved applications)..dont you think?

I have heard that they have sent more IV invitations today !! So guys, keep your hopes up, Trust yourself and have faith in God !

pls post here if anyone has got an invitation recently. It will give us some idea..all of us who are waiting.

pls post here if anyone has got an invitation recently. It will give us some idea..all of us who are waiting.

last yr invitation process was so easy... its complicated this yr... every yr things are getting complicated with new rules regulations..... pls god give us all patience and perseverence and help us in achieving goals....

last yr invitation process was so easy... its complicated this yr... every yr things are getting complicated with new rules regulations..... pls god give us all patience and perseverence and help us in achieving goals....

I'm so tired. It's more like a torture than anything else. Why cant they b more friendly nd honest to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup people did get interview for 31 july and aug too

I'm so tired. It's more like a torture than anything else. Why cant they b more friendly nd honest to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mentally so tired ..thinking and waiting.

u guys w the iv today pls post your feedback after u done, we will all appreciate !!!!