Program-Specific Info / Q's UIC Concurrent MSOT/OTD App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tabsabs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know it's a bit late to be submitting the UIC MSOT app, but I'm applying concurrently to the MSOT and OTD programs and had a question about the essays for MSOT.

MSOT prompt: "Why is the UIC OT program a good match for you and why are you a good match for UIC? Think about the kind of OT you want to be, and how UIC will provide a means to get there. Answer the question by explaining how the UIC OT program links with your career plans and your prior experiences, interests, values or background."

I can indicate on OTCAS that I am applying to both MSOT and OTD, so would it help or hurt me to mention that I am applying to the OTD in the MSOT essay?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied and was advised to write about the program as a whole (MS and OTD), and to also include information you have researched on the College of Applied Health Sciences as well.

I would strongly suggest to read the handbook (I think they call it that) were it shows the mission, vision, and values.

But of course, I have just applied and do not know if that is the best way to go about it but that was the way I went about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I applied and was advised to write about the program as a whole (MS and OTD), and to also include information you have learn on the College of Applied Health Sciences as well.

I would strongly suggest to read the handbook (I think they call it that) were it shows the mission, vision, and values.

But of course, I have just applied and do not know if that is the best way to go about it but that was the way I went about it.

Thanks so much for the tip! Are you also applying to OTD program? :)

Thanks so much for the tip! Are you also applying to OTD program? :)

Just the MSOT program. Just a little nervous, not sure how my stats are compared to their load this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user