UIC Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
trishias said:
you haven't! I heard last week by email.

trishias,

Have you received anything in mail? I got the email...but I am waiting for the official letter ...etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Do they need to have our acceptance and check in by the 22nd or just postmarked by the 22nd? I am still debating between UIC and UT-austin.

NYCillini said:
Do they need to have our acceptance and check in by the 22nd or just postmarked by the 22nd? I am still debating between UIC and UT-austin.

i think they want everything by 22nd... i might be wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an e-mail. I am just waiting for the acceptance letter in the mail now. :)

NYCillini said:

This is what it said at the end of the acceptance email:

Mail (or hand deliver) your deposit and Acceptance Form to the following address prior to the April 22 deadline. We encourage you to send your materials with delivery confirmation, via FedEx, or any other method that will get your materials here in a timely manner and also let you know that they arrived safely.

So I am assuming they should get the deposit by the 22nd.

I have a gut feeling that the actual letters won't go out until they've received the deposits.

I think I've decided to go to MWU..my acceptance form with "will not accept" circled is already in the envelope ready to be mailed, but I'm hesitant because I'm still stuck on whether I'm making the right decision. :oops: so indecisive..!

I also think they want it physically in their hands on the 22nd.

If you have questions though, I'd ask Paula Fleming:

(312) 996-2329

And no, I haven't received any type of physical packet yet either...

Would $1100-$1300 per month for a one bedroom apartment be considered expensive for downtown Chicago?

Also, do you need a car in Chicago? Is public transportantion convenient?

That seems to be on the higher side of the average.

ie: not bad, but not good either. Are your utilities included in that price? Is it new?

Technically with a city like that you don't need your car - but that's what people say about lots of places I've been to, and I myself get ansy w/o my car... but that's just me.

I'm planning on bringing mine, as well as buying a place up in Chicago then getting roommates. =)

yah... utilities included... dont know how old though... doesn't say... probably not brand new or else it would say it is...

so it public transportation as convenient as it is in nyc?

chocoholic said:
yah... utilities included... dont know how old though... doesn't say... probably not brand new or else it would say it is...

so it public transportation as convenient as it is in nyc?

Now it is, but it may not be. CTA is trying to cut service and increase prices in absence of state help. So we'll see. :confused:

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the packet yet? Ya'll think they're gonna wait till the 22nd before sending out more info (since that's the deadline for deposits).

I'm curious if I can just slack and get a C in my anatomy class... =)

That and I'd like a final cost.

2nd question - anyone need a roommate for next year? I'm clean, chill and I'd like to think fairly considerate. =) And I'll cut your hair! =P

Hey Congrats to all of you who got into MWU and UIC!

I applied to both of them this past year, but didn't get accepted. I think I applied too late.. I had everything in only a few weeks before the deadlines. (didnt quite know how the admissions process worked.. eh heh.. :oops:) Of course, I'm planning to apply as early as possible this year, but i was just wondering - how early did you all apply?

Oh and one more question - do you all have degrees, or have some of you just completed your prepharm coursework before applying?

Any answers are appreciated,

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
breakerguy said:
Hey Congrats to all of you who got into MWU and UIC!

I applied to both of them this past year, but didn't get accepted. I think I applied too late.. I had everything in only a few weeks before the deadlines. (didnt quite know how the admissions process worked.. eh heh.. :oops:) Of course, I'm planning to apply as early as possible this year, but i was just wondering - how early did you all apply?

Oh and one more question - do you all have degrees, or have some of you just completed your prepharm coursework before applying?

Any answers are appreciated,

Thanks!

I got my PharmCAS app in the night before the deadline. I was still working on my personal statement. :oops: I personally delivered my UIC supp app two days before the deadline because I was waiting on a pharmacist to give me a letter of rec. I sent the supp app for MWU two weeks before the deadline. I have a bachelor's in Biology completed last year and a cum gpa of 3.0.

I am still waiting for the official acceptance letter in the mail. :(

Kayjay....

Wondering if you decided btw MWU and UIC?

Tai said:
Kayjay....

Wondering if you decided btw MWU and UIC?

I've decided on MWU.

Will you be attending CCP or CPG?

I waitlisted at MWU!! But its okay b/c I got in at UIC!!! :cool:

The decision between CCP and CPG is in the hands of my fiance now. Its getting old now but hes still waiting to hear back from a company for a potential job opportunity in AZ. I dont really mind where we decide to live, but Im starting to get a little ansy as I just moved all my stuff to his condo and dont know whether or not to unpack! Secretly, in the back of all the dusty closets in my brain, I want to stay here in Chicago !!! =)

Have you guys recieved your acceptance letter in the mail yet? The e-mail said that we should have gotten it by now... but I don't see it in my mailbox :( For those of you who get it already, can you let me know when and where (current or permanent address) they sent it to?

Thanks!

chocoholic said:
Have you guys recieved your acceptance letter in the mail yet? The e-mail said that we should have gotten it by now... but I don't see it in my mailbox :( For those of you who get it already, can you let me know when and where (current or permanent address) they sent it to?

Thanks!

I got it last week. it's the same exact thing that you got emailed. Not even on letter head. Or maybe that is their letter head, which in that case, I should recommend my graphic artist friend to them. =P

I was hoping for a little more information regarding the program and such. They're seriously sending us bare bones on these things. =)

nikkai said:
I got it last week. it's the same exact thing that you got emailed. Not even on letter head. Or maybe that is their letter head, which in that case, I should recommend my graphic artist friend to them. =P

I was hoping for a little more information regarding the program and such. They're seriously sending us bare bones on these things. =)

no immunization form? or any other information?

touchfish said:
no immunization form? or any other information?

Yes, got the immunization form.

I think that's it.

I didn't get it!! I got a financial aid form but thats it. :(

I guess just give it another week to arrive... Aloka said to contact her if it doesn't arrive by next week... :rolleyes:

Just got home and I got the envelope. I really hope that we do not have to give them another $100. Im gonna be really upset if we do, Im so po. :mad:

trishias said:
Just got home and I got the envelope. I really hope that we do not have to give them another $100. Im gonna be really upset if we do, Im so po. :mad:

Hi trishias,

I don't know if you got the email or not. We don't need to pay another $100 security deposit :)

trishias said:
I didn't get it!! I got a financial aid form but thats it. :(

Financial aide form?

I never got that.

But I already finished and submitted my FAFSA online a couple weeks ago, so I wonder if that's the reason. Hmmm...

I always get things in the reverse order :p

Does anyone know when school or the orientation starts? I fiqure I need to give my job additional notice since JCAHO is coming around then....OH plus I have to move from NYC... not fun :(

NYCillini said:
Does anyone know when school or the orientation starts? I fiqure I need to give my job additional notice since JCAHO is coming around then....OH plus I have to move from NYC... not fun :(

You think that's not fun?

I'm moving from Las Vegas.

18 hour drive baby! =P