UIC Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Samantha Shepard

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going for an interview at UIC on Nov. 12th. I was told there are two 30-min. interviews with two faculty members per interview and a 30-min. essay portion. Does anyone have any advice? I'm a little nervous. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview at UIC last year with the same format. The 2 interview sessions are nothing to be nervous about. They go SO FAST. Just be ready to answer the normal questions such as "What would you do if a classmate was cheating" or "Name a time you had to deal w/ a stressful situation"

As for the essay, don't worry about that either. If you can write about three coherent paragraphs, you're fine. They want to make sure you can form your own thoughts. There is no right or wrong answer to the essay either.
Good luck....

Thanks for replying! You made me feel a little les nervous about the whole interview. I really think I am prepared to answer the types of questions you mentioned, as well as others. I've been reviewing sample interview questions for the past week. Are you a student a UIC? If so, how are the professors? I've heard great things! Do your fellow classmates enjoy what the school has to offer? What about safety on and around the campus? Do you live on campus or do you commute? Sorry for all the questions; I'm really curoius about the school. Its my first choice! If you have time, please respond. Thanks again!