UIC interviews/application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPBenJ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When does UIC typically send out invitations for interviews?

Just anxiously waiting......

I don't know about anyone else, but the waiting process for all of this is really nervewracking!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe they said the interviews would be during the week of their spring break in March so maybe they would start sending interviews during this feb. Cos its just going to take one week for the interviews. And yeah it really nerve racking if u havent even recieved one interview at all.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything from UIC until closer to March. I wouldn't be surprised if it is March, when you hear back from them. Spring break this year is the week of March 26, the last week of March. They'll e-mail the interview request.
The top 300 applicants will be chosen for interviews. There are 162 seats, but about 15 of them are already taken up by GPPA students. So, if you make interview, you'll have a 50/50 shot of being accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't expect to hear anything from UIC until closer to March. I wouldn't be surprised if it is March, when you hear back from them. Spring break this year is the week of March 26, the last week of March. They'll e-mail the interview request.
The top 300 applicants will be chosen for interviews. There are 162 seats, but about 15 of them are already taken up by GPPA students. So, if you make interview, you'll have a 50/50 shot of being accepted.

Genesis09 ( i know this is more of adin question but i hope u dont mind me asking) could u give me a number of the lowest PCAT ur school has accepted. and anyother information you could possibly give us applicants. Thanks

To be honest, I don't know the lowest PCAT accepted. The lowest I know of is about 70. The average, it appears, to be in the upper 80s to low 90s. I personally had an 87. GPAs appear to be minimally in the mid 3s.
UIC admissions is on a points system. They do look at other things besides PCAT and GPA. Generally, people at the lower end of the GPA/PCAT spectrum tend to offer other things. Sometimes, people are confused by the admissions committee choices.
If you do interview, it might sound odd, but who you interview with might help you. Some professors can be very powerful in terms of getting people admitted. The interview is not stressful, and the essay you write is looked for train of thought then grammar.
On a side note, the college is searching for a new dean. They are in process of renovating the entire 2nd floor. The only thing left is the renovation of the compounding lab. If you do get invited to an interview, I recommend that you ask a student to show you the 2-North wing, it's very nice. They are replacing the escalators. I think they are almost done with that because they've been working on them since the summer.