Program-Specific Info / Q's UIC MSOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NPULFC

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on the program?

Stats of anyone who has been accept, program vibes, faculty info etc?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got invited for their applicant day but other than that, I haven't heard! I am excited for that to learn more about the program and such!

I just got invited for their applicant day but other than that, I haven't heard! I am excited for that to learn more about the program and such!

Nice, I was sent an email about applicant day as well and will be going in January!

Members don't see this ad :)
Being a UIC alum, I'm oretty familiar with the program. UIC in general was the best experience of my life. The faculty is so intelligent, but knows how to teach as well. The environment of UIC is phenomenal. Taylor Street is an absolute blast and you are an L ride away from the heart of Chicago. I wish I had the stats to apply, but I know I would get denied so I didn't even try. If you are one of the lucky few to get accepted, go there. It will be a life altering experience

Being a UIC alum, I'm oretty familiar with the program. UIC in general was the best experience of my life. The faculty is so intelligent, but knows how to teach as well. The environment of UIC is phenomenal. Taylor Street is an absolute blast and you are an L ride away from the heart of Chicago. I wish I had the stats to apply, but I know I would get denied so I didn't even try. If you are one of the lucky few to get accepted, go there. It will be a life altering experience

They told me my Last 60 GPA was on the low side at 3.89! I applied to a majority of schools that only consider last 60 gpa due to my CGPA being 3.1 (was not aware freshman year I would be applying to grad schools).

UIC is my top choice just because I would stay local but I am not getting my hopes up!

I applied for the OTD and was admitted in mid-December but declined my admission. Best of luck!

Has anyone received and admissions decision yet?
I went to their applicant visit day earlier this month and at that time they had admitted 20 students, declined 250-300, and still have about 400 applications to go through. They had over 700 applicants this year. Most people won't be informed of their status until March 15th!

Reactions: 1 users
I visited campus last week and also found out I was accepted, they told me they would be rejecting a total of 500 after last week. So if you haven't heard you've been rejected yet, you're still being considered! I will be turning down their offer but the program was great and I really liked the opportunities they had on campus.

I visited campus last week and also found out I was accepted, they told me they would be rejecting a total of 500 after last week. So if you haven't heard you've been rejected yet, you're still being considered! I will be turning down their offer but the program was great and I really liked the opportunities they had on campus.

Did you find out that you were accepted via email or by the faculty/staff when you went to the visit day? If so, did each student at the visit find out their admission status that day?

Did you find out that you were accepted via email or by the faculty/staff when you went to the visit day? If so, did each student at the visit find out their admission status that day?

I was in Chicago for an interview at Rush University so I just set up an individual tour so I wouldn't have to come back again for the actual visit day, and one of the professors met with me and told me that they were making final decisions regarding my application that afternoon. I think it was a bit unusual for them to tell me before the official letter went out, but she sent me an email that night and I got an official letter later that week.

If you are trying to decide on sending in a deposit to a different school, I would recommend calling them and I think they would give you a leaning as to which way your application will be going.

I was in Chicago for an interview at Rush University so I just set up an individual tour so I wouldn't have to come back again for the actual visit day, and one of the professors met with me and told me that they were making final decisions regarding my application that afternoon. I think it was a bit unusual for them to tell me before the official letter went out, but she sent me an email that night and I got an official letter later that week.

If you are trying to decide on sending in a deposit to a different school, I would recommend calling them and I think they would give you a leaning as to which way your application will be going.

Thanks! I already sent in a deposit for another school but am just anxious to hear back from UIC since they're my #1 choice.

Could I ask what your science gpa and cumulative gpa are? I'll be applying to UIC in June and its my #1 choice. I'm concerned about my science gpa but cumulative should be ok. Any advice is helpful, thanks!

Anyone hear back yet? I am waiting also! The 15th is getting closer and closer...

Could I ask what your science gpa and cumulative gpa are? I'll be applying to UIC in June and its my #1 choice. I'm concerned about my science gpa but cumulative should be ok. Any advice is helpful, thanks!

My cumulative GPA is around 3.55 and my prerequisite GPA was around 3.4 for UIC. They aren't super high, but when I talked to the professor on my visit it seemed like they really valued my research experience, volunteer hours, and extracurriculars. My GRE scores are 158 verbal, 163 quantitative, and 5 writing so that probably helped too.

Honestly I think going and visiting the program individually was a huge influence since they were deciding on my application that afternoon and they were able to see I was actually interested. Good luck applying!

I saw on another thread that someone received an acceptance today. Anybody else? Wondering if a slew went out today :/

Hi all! I was waitlisted for this program, but was wondering if those who have been accepted/waitlisted are accepting their offer/keeping their spot. UIC is my top program so I just want to get a feel on what my chances of getting off the waitlist might be. Thanks!!

Hi all! I was waitlisted for this program, but was wondering if those who have been accepted/waitlisted are accepting their offer/keeping their spot. UIC is my top program so I just want to get a feel on what my chances of getting off the waitlist might be. Thanks!!

Hey mack22, I'm also on the waitlist. Did you hear back from them yet?