UIC - Not received a response post-secondary app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worried311

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone out there who sent in their AMCAS in late July 2002 or after received a reply from UIC regarding interview/rejection? I sent my AMCAS in on July 20 and finished my secondary in August but I haven't heard a peep out of UIC yet besides getting a newsletter by email. Let me know if anyone else is in the same boat...Good Luck everybody

Members don't see this ad.

I finished everything back in early Sep. and did not hear anything from UIC until today actually (besides the newsletter), and I was invited for an interview. So it took them a good amount of time to get around to me, so I would not be too worried as of yet, but it might be a good idea to give them a call for a status check to make sure everything is complete with your app. They only let you do status checks on the phone on Thursdays. Good luck!

Same boat as you (look to your left :p ).

sent in everything a long time ago, got the newsletter, and then they disappeared off the planet. I am sure they will get to us, at least I hope.

X

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, SolidGold.

As for the response, I suggest calling UIC on Thursdays to speak to a counselor. That is the only day they take calls concerning applications. It looks like you will have to wait till next week.

Good Luck with UIC

I got duped by the thin letter ... UIC flat out rejection. I was all in by September, AMCAS by mid-July ... IL resident. This was really unexpected, because I am by no means under qualified (at least not to get rejected so EARLY), although I don't have all star stats

I hope I get in somewhere ... I will. But this really puts the pressure on.

Gumshoe

Gumshoe, sorry to hear about the rejection from UIC. I too feel like i am in your boat, or soon will be. What are your stats? Just wondering what type of applicants they are interviewing and rejecting right now. Thanks.

I, too, got the thin envelope yesterday. Though I am not an official IL resident, I have lived there essentially my whole life until a couple of years ago. I thought I would at least get an interview. Oh well.

Guys:

WHO knows, this stuff is random as hell. I have an interview at U of C and UIC won't even consider giving me one? That seems crazy! The randomness factor has to be rampant. I don't know what to say anymore ... PM me if you have personal questions.

Gumshoe

Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess I'll call up UIC next Thursday and see whats up...

Yo,

Following up with this thread, I got an interview request from them in january and did it in late february. So, to all youse still waiting...dont give up just yet. They are doing another review at the end of March (25th i think) so they are still interviewing.

Good luck yall