UIC Status page changed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you send it in? Did you overnight it... drop it off personally...? AND most importantly did you get the site you want?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you still waiting...check your mailboxes...I received my big envelope yesterday.

Scarlett27 said:
For those of you still waiting...check your mailboxes...I received my big envelope yesterday.

Where are you located? I am in cali. Mailbox empty :(

Members don't see this ad :)
pico61 said:

I'm in Arizona, so check today. Good luck!

pico61 said:
I interviewed on 1/11 and got the status change on 1/20. I live in San Diego and I got my acceptance on the 24th.

Wow! After being in process for over 2 months (turned in secondary very late!) my page finally changed! The first interview day available was Feb 6th in Chicago, I don't think that I'll be going to this one, but just wanted to post to bring hope for others still waiting to hear back post-sec. G'luck to you all!

Ombatay said:
When did you send it in? Did you overnight it... drop it off personally...? AND most importantly did you get the site you want?

I drove to the campus to drop it off, but when I found out that the office was closed on that day I put it in a mailbox right outside the COM building. If I were you I would overnight the site preference esp. now that the CHI seats might have been close to full, atleast this was what I was told by Dr. Girotti(early-mid feb to be more precise).

Ashanti Rock said:
Wow! After being in process for over 2 months (turned in secondary very late!) my page finally changed! The first interview day available was Feb 6th in Chicago, I don't think that I'll be going to this one, but just wanted to post to bring hope for others still waiting to hear back post-sec. G'luck to you all!

good luck ashanti_rock

I already hand delivered it, so now I suppose I am just waiting patiently for it be processed. Is there any indication that this has occurred on my status page or does that not change at this point?

To answer my own question for all others who may be curious: Yes, your status page will continue to change.

Mine has changed to Pre-enrollment requirements... Regular offer accepted Y, Hep B form recieved N... etc. things like that. I assume this means my site preference card has been processed and I should be recieving notification soon...

nice investigative work ombatay

So why doesn't the status page change once you've been rejected (like me :p )

Just like Northwestern, it will probably continue to say "in process" for about three months or so after the date of the rejection....it’s just kind of funny, that’s all….that after being canned I am still in some sort of process….the grieving process, maybe that is what they mean.

Congrats to all who have heard good news!

Hey guys - for those of you that have been accepted to UIC, I just started a class of 2010 thread over in the class threads section of the website. Come on over - I'd really like to hear from some of my future classmates!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey ombatay,

did you hear back yet with your placement?

No, and it's starting to really eat at me (I have finals this week as well...silly quarter system) My status page changed on friday, so I figured it was mailed then. Last time the page changed on friday (for my acceptance) I had mail on a monday... but the mail came and went today with nothing to show. So maybe that's not an indicator of a site decision at all. I tried to call them but no avail...

As soon as I get news I will be sure to post. :confused:

any body want to 'trade' an urbana-rockford track for a chicago....

oh no... you got UPR? I am sorry to hear that. Are you in the chicago area or far from here? I get my mail around 3 oclock usually so I will be waiting with added anxiety.

sure did - guess it didn't matter dropping off the preference in person...

what day did you drop it off? I dropped mine off in person as well on tuesday morning shortly after recieving the acceptance packet.

i actually got mine on that monday and dropped it off that afternoon

Well. That is certainly disheartening. I still have no mail from them today. I'm contemplating calling the office and begging.

Ho hum. Suppose there's just no reasoning with the admissions office. They said they wouldn't even tell me if I came in in person... I just don't understand.

Ombatay said:
Well. That is certainly disheartening. I still have no mail from them today. I'm contemplating calling the office and begging.

I know waiting sucks, but at least you are in. I really don't think your worst case senario (ie UPR track) is that bad. You'll get it soon!

How far do you live from Chicago? I got that site and might be interested in living in a suburb close by. That way me and my wife could hopefully get a nicer place for less $$.

I live about 25-30 miles north of chicago. Pretty much just south of wisconsin in the Gurnee area. The suburbs you'd be better off looking in would most likely be the western suburbs, as they'd be a closer drive to UIC. I've made it to that area from here in as little as 40 minutes, but I've also had it take me 2 hours. Rent, sadly, isn't much cheaper out in the suburbs than it is right around UIC. In fact you can find some reasonable housing near the chicago campus if I remember right.

My disheartenment is probably unnecessary, I know. I honestly think the education I would get at UPR would be just as good if not better the way people talk about it. So I am still very very excited to be accepted to UIC. There's just a lot of people, mostly family, in Chicago that I just got back to, and I wouldn't want to leave again. But my mail hasn't come yet. We'll see what comes tomorrow...

well, regardless of which track you get on, we can all party together... ;)

Just wondering...what's so bad about the UPR track? The MSP program is Urbana-Champaign for the entirety, so I''d think the UC campus wouldn't be too bad? :X

To be honest there's nothing bad about the UPR track for me except for being away from Chicago, and I have various reasons that I need/want to be here... The education you get is still a fantastic one, and there is still plenty to do in Urbana-Champaign. Ok, so maybe it's not chicago, but its still a campus town, and there's plenty of places to party if thats what you seek, and its not quite the middle of nowhere as some would have you believe. Rockford or Peoria both boast good if not great board scores, and really good match lists. So when it comes down to it, my primary reason for wanting chicago campus is location.

I hope it hasn't come across as people ragging on UPR. It's an equally good program. I can't imagine UIC would allow the Chicago campus to be measurably better than the UPR track. Either track I'm sure has its strengths or weaknesses. It's all what you make of it.

Ombatay said:
To be honest there's nothing bad about the UPR track for me except for being away from Chicago, and I have various reasons that I need/want to be here... The education you get is still a fantastic one, and there is still plenty to do in Urbana-Champaign. Ok, so maybe it's not chicago, but its still a campus town, and there's plenty of places to party if thats what you seek, and its not quite the middle of nowhere as some would have you believe. Rockford or Peoria both boast good if not great board scores, and really good match lists. So when it comes down to it, my primary reason for wanting chicago campus is location.

I hope it hasn't come across as people ragging on UPR. It's an equally good program. I can't imagine UIC would allow the Chicago campus to be measurably better than the UPR track. Either track I'm sure has its strengths or weaknesses. It's all what you make of it.

The Chicago campus has its advantages but there are some very irritating things about the curriculum that you might want to take into consideration when you choose your track. Exams administered at the Chicago campus can, at times, seem very unfair. You have very little opportunity to contest questions and you never know exactly what you missed because the questions come from a "secure pool" and are recycled each year. Another thing that you might want to consider is your interest in research. Although Chicago is the "main" campus, most of the basic science research is actually done in Urbana-Champaign. There are many research opportunities at the Chicago campus but it is not as easy to get involved beacuse most of the research is clinical. Hope that helps

Urbana-Rockford is the hand I was dealt today. I think I'm going to appeal it. Anybody else trying the appeal? And did anybody from the january acceptance cycle get Chicago?

Ombatay said:
Urbana-Rockford is the hand I was dealt today. I think I'm going to appeal it. Anybody else trying the appeal? And did anybody from the january acceptance cycle get Chicago?

I should make a clarification regarding site assignments. This always seems to be an issue around this time of year. All of you who have been accepted know the drill. You fill out your preferences and you get "assigned" to a campus. It's not set in stone though. If you are not happy with your track assignment and you have a compelling NEED to be at a particular campus, you should write a letter to admissions. In May there's quite a bit of shifting around and people will be reassigned based on their particular circumstances. Bottom line: if you happen to get your last choice, you're not doomed just yet.

so what exactly did the additional correspondence mean? Most of you guys that got this along with your status change were accepted. Was there anything special that it said in your acceptance packet? thanks, status page changed for me today, waiting...

mammoth22 said:
so what exactly did the additional correspondence mean? Most of you guys that got this along with your status change were accepted. Was there anything special that it said in your acceptance packet? thanks, status page changed for me today, waiting...
what do you mean by "anything special" in the acceptance packet? As far as I know, additional correspondance means that your decision has been sent out. So you should receive it soon...good luck!