UIC students - "books and supplies" ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello UIC students, I'm excited to be a D1 this year.
I received my estimates for the costs of the first year but I was wondering how much you ACTUALLY borrowed for books and supplies (estimates for these are over $1o,ooo) ?

I'd appreciate any responses.

Members don't see this ad.

a D1 i talked to told me to ONLY buy an anatomy book, and that we can cruise through the rest of our classes using only lecture notes.

Last edited:
Wait until you get to school. Not sure if they are still quizzing first years on restorative crap from the sturdevant text, but otherwise, anatomy text/atlas is the only real 'must have' for the D-1 year here.

Again though, you will figure out what classes you should get books for pretty quickly once the courses actually start.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys. Chrino, I agree with the last part about figuring out what we need...i'm just thinking about how much i need to take in loans for books and supplies since i have to accept loans before the school starts OR NOT -can i accept some loans AFTER the classes start ?
Thanks for replying.

No you can't accept more loans after school starts unless you go for private loans. I requested enough to cover the books and supplies, and if there's any extra money left over which there should be, I will use that money and borrow that much less the following year so as to not borrow more than I need to plus the accruing interest.

Makes sense diplo123.