rama kandra

Actual Psychiatrist jk
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
doesnt UIC have several campuses and options for their program? What city did you prefer, philly or chicago? There is a lot of variation with UIC, but I think you should just go with which interview/visit was more in your style. Costs are high at both if you our out of state anyways. Good luck.

About the Ads

Leejwwc

10+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Temple.
UIC will cost around $350k!!!
yea, unless uic is offering to at least match temple's cost of attendance it is really a huge sum of $, even as far as med schools are concerned. i heard from a financial aid counselor that, in general, one should never exceed $300000 in loans from all their degrees, undergrad, grad if you have it, and med school.

fightinI

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2007
Little Italy
Status
Medical Student
Temple.
UIC will cost around $350k!!!
Temple will still be over $300k. I don't anything about Temple or Philadelphia, but I would not underrate the importance of where you'll be living. In my totally biased opinion, there's no city better to live in than Chicago.

I would hold on to both acceptances until May 15th to see if anyone throws you significant $.

boggvir

Sunny California
10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Temple is in an.....interesting....part of town.

drelizabeth292

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2008
SLC, UT
Status
Medical Student
id go with temple. i interviewed and got accepted to UIC and did not like the school. just my opinion. good luck and hopefully you will get some sweet fin aid packages. :luck:

About the Ads