1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

uic vs wisconsin

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by rxqueen, Apr 24, 2004.

1. rxqueen

rxqueen Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi. i am trying to decide between uic and wisconsin-madison (I have been accepted to both). Anyone have any input about the pros/cons of either school? i haven't visited the wisconsin campus so i'd especially appreciate any feedback regarding that school. thanks. :idea:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chitown23

chitown23 Member
    7+ Year Member

From what I have heard about UW-madision..its a pretty difficult school..i heard it from a friend who goes to there pharm school...you might wanna ask other people about this..but i heard teachers are not that great..and its not a student friendly school..i know the building was nice...if i were u i would choose UIC..i got rejected from there..but did apply to both..UIC is in downtown chicago..its happening..yes the building sucks..but many resources available to you..plus teachers are nice there..and repectable..plus its in the medical district..and pretty cheap school as well...

4. emogrrrrl

emogrrrrl I like my freedom
    7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    How much time do you have to decide about Wisconsin? I ask because if it's at all possible try to make an appointment with the school and visit the campus to get a feel for it. I know it's easier said than done, and that it will cost a flight and maybe a night in a hotel, but it's 4 years of your life. It's a tough enough decision having seen the schools, but it's even more difficult if you've never interacted with the students, faculty, or staff, or had the opportunity to look at what they have to offer.
    I wish I would have visited schools prior to applying, when I had my interview with one school I had never visited before, I realized that I would never have applied in the first place if I had.
    Good luck with your decision.

5. NGP78

NGP78 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

6. jdpharmd?

jdpharmd? Turning lead into gold
    7+ Year Member

I'd have to say Madison for me on this one. It's just a good example of something that you can't really ask other people to decide for you. A few hundred bucks for a hotel/gas is nothing compared to the tuition for 4 years. :)

7. Caverject

Caverject Try Some Schnitzel!
    10+ Year Member

Plus Madison is beautiful! It is the epitome of a college town. I can take or leave UIC

8. sarahjth

sarahjth PharmD Wannabe!
    5+ Year Member

I am from Illinois... but if I had the choice to go to Wisconsin or UIC.. I'd pick Wisconsion. At UIC, there is no campus life.. I love Chicago but not the area around the college. If you want that urban-girl lifestyle.. go to UIC but I'd prefer a campus/college-girl lifestyle. :thumbup: