uic vs wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxqueen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi. i am trying to decide between uic and wisconsin-madison (I have been accepted to both). Anyone have any input about the pros/cons of either school? i haven't visited the wisconsin campus so i'd especially appreciate any feedback regarding that school. thanks. :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have heard about UW-madision..its a pretty difficult school..i heard it from a friend who goes to there pharm school...you might wanna ask other people about this..but i heard teachers are not that great..and its not a student friendly school..i know the building was nice...if i were u i would choose UIC..i got rejected from there..but did apply to both..UIC is in downtown chicago..its happening..yes the building sucks..but many resources available to you..plus teachers are nice there..and repectable..plus its in the medical district..and pretty cheap school as well...

rxqueen said:
hi. i am trying to decide between uic and wisconsin-madison (I have been accepted to both). Anyone have any input about the pros/cons of either school? i haven't visited the wisconsin campus so i'd especially appreciate any feedback regarding that school. thanks. :idea:

How much time do you have to decide about Wisconsin? I ask because if it's at all possible try to make an appointment with the school and visit the campus to get a feel for it. I know it's easier said than done, and that it will cost a flight and maybe a night in a hotel, but it's 4 years of your life. It's a tough enough decision having seen the schools, but it's even more difficult if you've never interacted with the students, faculty, or staff, or had the opportunity to look at what they have to offer.
I wish I would have visited schools prior to applying, when I had my interview with one school I had never visited before, I realized that I would never have applied in the first place if I had.
Good luck with your decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
emogrrrrl said:
I know it's easier said than done, and that it will cost a flight and maybe a night in a hotel, but it's 4 years of your life. QUOTE]

emogrrrrl is right, you should check out Madison before you decide. You don't need to fly there or even get a motel, unless you want to party your ass off!! :cool: Chicago to Madison is a two and half hour drive, at the most.

I'd have to say Madison for me on this one. It's just a good example of something that you can't really ask other people to decide for you. A few hundred bucks for a hotel/gas is nothing compared to the tuition for 4 years. :)

I am from Illinois... but if I had the choice to go to Wisconsin or UIC.. I'd pick Wisconsion. At UIC, there is no campus life.. I love Chicago but not the area around the college. If you want that urban-girl lifestyle.. go to UIC but I'd prefer a campus/college-girl lifestyle. :thumbup: